Liverpool vs chelsea

maxdog

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2019 05:03 pm
How many english players where in the field for the game ? As far as I know they were2 english clubs .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 332 • Replies: 18
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2019 10:44 pm
I believe there is a minimum number of players that have to be English on an EPL team.
Found here
Quote:
The Homegrown Player Rule is an initiative of the English Premier League to allow for more domestic players to be a developed from an earlier age in the hope of nurturing more homegrown talent. It forms part of the League's Elite Player Performance Plan. The Premier League proposed a maximum of 17 non-"homegrown" players in each club squad, and the squad size is a maximum of 25. This means that in a full squad of 25 players, there must be at least eight homegrown players.
maxdog

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 01:41 am
@McGentrix,
That s not making an english club playing the local players in the first 11 in the pitch at all .
engineer

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 07:50 am
@maxdog,
It's a professional sports team whose goal is to win. They have no obligation to play people from a certain neighborhood. It would violate their obligation to their owners if the coaches sat better players from the town down the way to play locals who were less skilled.
maxdog

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 03:24 pm
@engineer,
But for me , they are not liverpool vs chelsea at all. If they were from all over england still they are not represeting the cities , immagine from all the world .
engineer

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 08:42 am
@maxdog,
Of course they are. They wear the colors, the locals cheer for them, they likely moved to the cities to live when they joined the team, they are the team. This is true of just about every pro sports team. If you just want locals, there are club sports you could play where sports clubs from different cities play each other, but I don't think the fans care of someone from London is playing for Liverpool.
maxdog

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 08:58 am
@engineer,
no they are not , if i wear a collar im a dog ? the locals all they want is win (not them , they get anything) , see the team winning to be precise. i know many fans they care but can t beat the system so instead of getting mad about it they artificially try enjoy the game.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 09:57 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
But for me , they are not liverpool vs chelsea at all.
Even worse: Chelsea FC is playing in Fulham (adjacent to the borough of Chelsea) was founded there.
maxdog

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 10:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
What you mean was founded there and playing in fulham . ?
engineer

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 10:52 am
@maxdog,
You seem to care a lot about this, but I've never met any other sports fans that do. Your home town team is the team that plays in your home town, not a team that has all people from the same town on it. It's possible that the NY Yankees (for example) do not have any players from the city of New York, no one cares. When they join the team, they become New Yorkers.
maxdog

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 10:56 am
@engineer,
Yes a lot . If i go to china i want to taste chinese food and if i am in scotland i will enjoy their local food for example . So this is the same , if france have to play in the world cup ( that national team it s even worse from a club ) i want to see the french playing .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 10:58 am
@maxdog,
What I wrote: Chelsea FC was founded in the Borough of Fulham (today: Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham) and plays there (Stamford Bridge)

(The Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea is nowadays with the Metropolitan Borough of Kensington the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.)

The first foreigner playing for Chelsea FC was Nils Middelboe from Denmark, who arrived to the club in 1913.

Frank Pearson, who shot the first ever goal for Chelsea FC, was from Manchester, played before with Preston North End, Manchester City, Hull City, Luton Town, Rochdale. Eccles Borough.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 11:14 am
@maxdog,
Why would you even go to a football game in France? Why not go to a game that only the French play, something like Pétanque? French food is somewhat unique, French football is not. The cultural experience you might have at a French football game is enjoying how the spectators act, not how the players play. That is what you get in Liverpool. It's not reasonable to go to Liverpool and expect see only people who were born in Liverpool, but go to Liverpool vs Chelsea and enjoy the ambiance in the stands, that could vary from city to city. The city the players were born in doesn't matter.
maxdog

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 11:22 am
@engineer,
About france i was talking about the national team . Like i said fans have to enjoy football like it is , they also know of the corruption going on everywhere in football but still enjoying it . But deep inside they know it s not authentic , also messi said something in an interview .
engineer

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 01:38 pm
@maxdog,
Corruption is different than having players from London on the Liverpool team. It might be worth starting a topic on football corruption if you want to go there.
maxdog

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 01:47 pm
@engineer,
I gave you an example that football fans have to enjoy football as it is because they have no other option not because it s ok
engineer

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 02:03 pm
@maxdog,
I live in a sports crazy country, I know lots of rabid sports fans. No one here complains that the star player on their home town team is from another city. I mean absolutely no one. No one even talks about it. The star of the New England Patriots is from California. Do you think anyone in Boston cares? Absolutely not. I strongly doubt that anyone in Liverpool cares that Andrew Robertson is from Scotland. As long as he is shutting down opposing forwards, he's a local hero and I don't think they are just tolerating a situation because they have no choice.
maxdog

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 02:34 pm
@engineer,
Yes i know that no one complain , but does nt mean it s the best way how football it will be . It does nt mean things are good as they are . It means that pride and loyality had gone away from people long time ago because of money .sports = money not to test where is the best football culture
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 08:51 pm
Napoli and liverpool had to be italians against english men , i only saw 2 italians and 2 english men in the game .
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Liverpool vs chelsea
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:20:34