0

College Student - Question on QoS, perfm isolation algorithm, methods

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2019 01:58 pm
Hello,

I'm a college student taking IT classes and every week we have small group discussions about virtualization that we all must speak on. I have a couple questions that I'm a bit too embarrassed to ask and it's only because my group this time is very advanced IT wise (hence our difficult topic). I'm in my first year of IT (so please bear with me in these super generic questions). Our discussion is on the QoS algorithm and the methods used Round Robin, Blacklisting, Artificial Delay, ect. Here are my basic questions...

In a multi-tenant environment, is this algorithm used only by the cloud service provider? or would a company use it too? (I would assume only the CC provider because it's multi-tenant but from what I read it seems like companies implement this, which I don't seem to understand)

RR, Blacklisting- this is software you download, correct? and would you download all 3 apps to help you in finding the best scenario in a disruptive workload? and then switch between them?

Thank you advance if you can answer me, and if possible please dumb it down for me because I'm still learning.