Leaving me on a dead end.

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:41 pm
I have this crush and he is a year younger than me. I am going to be a freshman next year so we will be in different schools. I asked a few friends, what I should do and they said tell him how I feel. So I texted him 5 days ago. I said
"Hey, I have to tell you something but, you have to promise to tell me these three things because you may not talk to me ever again( I listed the three things but, they would take too much explanation) He hasn't responded. I have no clue if he has read it because I own a samsung and I don't know what to do. Advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 317 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:49 pm
@boredgurl04,
Sounds harsh, but if you asked me to give you three answers before you told me what was on your mind, I don't believe I would bother to answer, either.

Perhaps your crush enjoys playing games, but not everybody does.
boredgurl04

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:57 pm
@roger,
The three things weren't exactly questions but, more like things I wanted to keep up with at my old school. like when the musical was and how the new music teacher was compared to the old one. He is really the only one who I have a connection with at my old school so, I wanted to know these things and I couldn't ask anyone else.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:01 pm
@boredgurl04,
boredgurl04 wrote:

I am going to be a freshman next year so we will be in different schools.

A freshman in what?
High school?
College?

In any event, that was a really silly text on your part.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 11:53 pm
@chai2,
Heavy sigh....................

Oh, and how much does air weigh?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 05:02 am
There was nothing wrong with asking three questions about school. It was a good way to start a conversation. But they may have overwhelmed him.

If you don’t hear from him, call him. There may even be a phone connection issue.
0 Replies

boredgurl04

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 06:38 am
@chai2,
freshman in high school. I felt it was important because, it was a reason that my friends said to tell him how I feel.
chai2

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 08:46 am
@boredgurl04,
Well, your friends were wrong. Your friends I assume are also 12 or 13 year olds?

You were very silly for making a big deal of "promise me you'll tell me this", as if it were some earth shaking information you required.
At your age, there is a big temptation, especially among girls, to make everything a big drama.

Better would have been to keep it loose, as in "Hi, wanna go to Burger King with me?" or something like that. Then the 2 of you can talk face to face.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 09:51 am
@boredgurl04,
Texting is really impersonal. If you really wanted to confront him about your feelings towards him and his possible feelings towards you? You'd ask him face to face (as scary as that maybe to you now).

With texting him these three things? You gave him a backdoor to not respond if he chooses.

And what if his phone was dead or lost and he actually didn't get your text in the first place? That's a lost opportunity for both of you and you're wrongfully condemning him for naught.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Leaving me on a dead end.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:53:12