Its HOT!!!

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:35 am
Its the most beautiful day this year, soooo warm and sunny and Im stuck in an office, on my own!!!!

Would anybody else like to air their complete dissatisfaction of being in the same situation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 462 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:42 am
Well, I will HALF complain since I am stuck here til 2 or so.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:54 am
Its anothre 40 mins til I can go .I made an excuse to go to the car just so I could feel the sun on me.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 12:52 pm
Well it is overcast and fairly cold for this time of year and we have been having frigging rain for the past month, so I would kill to just see the damn sunlight even if I couldn't go out.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:00 pm
it's hot NOT over here. dreary weather for the past few weeks, feels like years!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:05 pm
I've had an interesting day.

Lots of people took off today to make it a four day weekend, so it was a quiet morning. At 11 am, some of the power went off. Actually, just the overhead lights and the elevators weren't working. My computer never even blinked. After about 15 minutes, they ran the fire alarms and made an announcement that the stairwells were available if we wanted to leave. Shocked

I work on the 25th floor of a 41 story building. At first I figured it would take at least half an hour to go down the stairs, and by then, they'd have the power sorted out. But I was hungry, and the lunchroom is on the top floor of the neighboring parking garage. So I went down the stairs, figuring I'd get lunch and then see what was what. That was interesting - people were a little worried, but not enough to stop from making 9/11 comparisons. Does walking down 25 flights of stairs count as my exercise for the day? Of course, there was no problem getting back up here by the time I got my lunch.

Well, a whole lot of folks took that announcement about the stairs as an invitation to go home early for Memorial Weekend! It's like a tomb up here! Why am I still here?

Oh, we've got upper 80s and a chance of rain. I'm definitely not in a rush to get out in the weather, just to be somewhere other than here.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:14 pm
Supposed to be 90+ here today, highly unusual. I have to work, but I can't complain. Yesterday was just as warm, and I went to a nature preserve, saw trumpeter swans and a bald eagle, then sucked down a bunch of beer.

It doesn't get much better than that!
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:17 pm
Hope your office has a/c mac11.

My daughter and her family flew back to the States yesterday and I had a pile of sheets and towels to wash. Needless to say, I've got everything dry .... how prosaic is that!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:20 pm
Ah, yes I forgot to mention that the air was off for about 45 minutes too. But a/c and lights are up and running now, it's just strangely quiet.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:23 pm
That's hot!

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00170/paris_hilton_nicole_170361g.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Its HOT!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/22/2024 at 10:04:39