If you need to ask... you aren't one.

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:37 am
What's with all these "How to dress emo" questions?

If you really need to ask how to dress like something, isn't that a pretty big clue that you're just a poser?

What ever happened to just being yourself?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,025 • Replies: 25
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:43 am
Yeah!

What if they just don't like the real me, though?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:46 am
So, what you're saying is I can't be emo?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:47 am
roger wrote:
Yeah!

What if they just don't like the real me, though?

Who wouldn't like a a purple stuffed donkey that hangs out with a honey grubbing stuffed bear named Pooh?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:47 am
Bella Dea wrote:

Not if you have to try.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:51 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Not if you have to try.

Fine. Be that way. But you just try and stop me. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-022.gif

:wink:
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:15 am
Bella... I'm not sure you're cut out for EMO. I have a feeling instead of freaking out, driving wildly through traffic, nearly killing you and a half dozen other people... all over a little bitsy spider... that an EMO would instead ponder where the spider cam from, what its purpose in life was and then, after setting it free, would go home and paint a picture, or write a song about the experience... perhaps even start a "Save The Spiders Foundation" in order to stop the sensless killing of defensless spiders.

How's that for trying to stop you?http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-022.gif
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:18 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Bella... I'm not sure you're cut out for EMO. I have a feeling instead of freaking out, driving wildly through traffic, nearly killing you and a half dozen other people... all over a little bitsy spider... that an EMO would instead ponder where the spider cam from, what its purpose in life was and then, after setting it free, would go home and paint a picture, or write a song about the experience... perhaps even start a "Save The Spiders Foundation" in order to stop the sensless killing of defensless spiders.

How's that for trying to stop you?http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-022.gif

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:23 am
Re: If you need to ask... you aren't one.
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
What ever happened to just being yourself?

Hear, hear! That line of thinking seems to be a novelty these days.... Rolling Eyes

One MUST be something else, or pretend to be somebody else. Then, look around and see if anybody is noticing you being somebody else..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:25 am
Re: If you need to ask... you aren't one.
Reyn wrote:

Hear, hear! That line of thinking seems to be a novelty these days.... Rolling Eyes

One MUST be something else, or pretend to be somebody else. Then, look around and see if anybody is noticing you being somebody else..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The funny thing is... is that in the process of trying to be different, they all look the same and still nobody notices.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:28 am
I was impressed very deeply, while still a teenager, at the intensity of scorn and disdain (even to ostracizism) which the young will exhibit toward those who do not join them in "non-conformity" . . .
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:58 am
Setanta wrote:
I was impressed very deeply, while still a teenager, at the intensity of scorn and disdain (even to ostracizism) which the young will exhibit toward those who do not join them in "non-conformity" . . .

Teenagers can be very nasty. I learned very quickly that they are also like a pack of wolves. All you need to do is break their leader and the rest will abandon him just as quickly.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:17 am
I've noticed the threads and scrolled past. What is "emo"? Emotional?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:23 am
Evidently. "Emotional punk" or something.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:42 am
Yep... emotional

"Punk with feeling" or some crap like that.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:46 am
What or who is EMO ?

Is he/she/it sexy ?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:48 am
This person seems to be the poster child for emo (for definition, see above.)

What do you think?

http://extra.twincities.com/images/bright_eyes.jpg

At 15, I can see it, but now... <shrug>
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:48 am
We must all be an "older" crowd. None of us knows what the hell emo is. Laughing
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:50 am
Wait I thought this was Emo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Humdrum2004/ep3601-emo.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:51 am
Hair seems about right. :-D
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If you need to ask... you aren't one.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 12:28:27