CANADA . . . D`EH?

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2019 03:13 pm
Good day, eh? Oh can of duh, our home of stolen native land. I hope you had too much to eat and a got sunburn. May Tories haunt your dreams
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 431 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2019 08:17 pm
@Setanta,
Whats the national celebratory food for the day,? I hope its not da lobstah roll . Seems all our lobstahs are emigrating ta Nova SCotia. Now theres a wall Id help pay for.

0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2019 08:29 pm
A bridge too far.

0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2019 12:07 am
New Zealand has a public holiday on January 2 called the Day After New Years Day.
roger

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2019 12:25 am
@cherrie,
Wow! The possibilities are endless.
cherrie

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2019 10:31 pm
@roger,
I know, they could keep that one going for ever.

But for annoying holidays I think Victoria has to be right up there. We have a public holiday for the Melbourne Cup held on the first Tuesday in November. A lot of businesses and schools also close on the Monday because they know that half of their staff/students are going to take a 4 day weekend.

For the last few years we've also had a public holiday on the Friday before the AFL grand final, supposedly so we can all go to the parade they have through the Melbourne cbd. Completely pointless.

Both of these holidays are ridiculous because only very small percentage of Victorians are going to go to either event and the rest of us probably dont care about them.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » CANADA . . . D`EH?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:21:38