To Tell The Truth

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 10:58 am
Oath: I swear that the evidence that I shall give, shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God. Affirmation: I solemnly affirm that the evidence that I shall give, shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Many years ago, when there were only three major television networks and Americans had no real choice there was a television program called, "To Tell The Truth". The American public at one point became outraged because cheating was uncovered that the program's corporate owners were caught giving certain players answers before the show in order to tip the scales and change the outcome on who won the show in the end.

This issue was taken to our court system and who knows if the judges who ruled in this case were bought off or not but the corporations won the lawsuit as the judges in the case said it was their show and they could lie to the American people if they wanted to.

Since then, every show from, The Price Is Right to Survivor lies to people making them think they can become a contestant and win fairly when this is no longer the case.

Your name is not randomly drawn out of a hat (like they say) and the price can be changed at the last minute to favor whomever the show wants to win or lose. The answers can be given to contestants to make them seem smart when they are actually dumber than a rock.

Then the same question was asked to our courts, do news agencies need to tell both sides of an issue and “tell the truth”? The courts said the news agencies were private corporations and had the right to lie to the American public if they wanted to. Thus, was born “fake news”, news meant to slander and derail political opponents so crooks and rapists can assume public office instead. News meant to politicize issues and confuse the American public so that corporations could continue to pollute drinking water and fill the air with CO2 and coal byproducts against the quorum of the science community’s dire warnings.

Today a politician can lie to the American public to get elected and renege on every single promise after they are in office and this is commonplace. They simply say the never said what is clearly them lying on a video.

Our military lies to us and says the didn’t sell arms to our enemies, our FBI lies to us and says they fully investigated a judicial nominee when they didn’t even interview their closest friends, our police lie to us and say they are not racist or too violent, our president lies to us about everything and anything and our judges lie to us and say they never had a drinking problem and drug raped women back in college…

Our social discourse is corrupt and there is no honest justice when "to tell the lie" has no consequences…

This is the complete and utter erosion of our constitution where corporations are people and it is lawful for people to lie for private concerns. Where tax returns are not public when everyone fairly paying taxes is the public’s right to know.

When political lies are judged by corrupt judges who have been bought by corporations and the verdicts in cases are apparently corrupt due to the obvious outcomes of these cases. It becomes evident that the oaths and affirmations taken by these judges and politicians have been broken none the less.

There are small lies and big lies. We are not talking about small lies here… There are lies that protect basic privacy and lies that obstruct and cover up heinous crimes. There are lies for good and moral reasons and lies to impede the prosecution of insidious corruption.

Lies that are easily fact checked while some lies are necessary to protect American security.

There were lies told to the public during World War II so the enemy would not know when and where an attack would occur. There was misdirection and all out disinformation and propaganda campaigns to confuse the enemy.

It seems the American people are now the enemy of our government. Truth is the enemy and the only time we get the truth is when we are about to attack our enemy and the details of the “cyber” or other attack, when, where and how are sent out in a loose-lipped tweet.

We do not know who our allies are or who our enemies really are and it seems that this criterion is decided on profit rather than a moral basis.

Our government lies about our enemies for profit sake when our enemies don’t really have "WMD"… When our own word is worthless, we are worthless as a country and we have stooped to an even lower level then our adversaries. Our courts obstruct our government's transparency.

Now average people lie to one another spreading the lies they are told on the news. Lies have divided the conscience of our electorate.

Our only hope is that justice will be decided in the ballot box not by dangling a carrot promise of "getting your student loan paid off for you” but by morality and by hard, honest work that is worthy of true respect.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 318 • Replies: 2
No top replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2019 11:08 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/60030018_10216921864212052_8293043160892833792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQleTmCWpAYPUpOlZKkMGu0cmry89Uk7Dl_1Bak26oAgTXOeQsrFYhuzhSf16GOTnZVCIy-rSZrnTSxotGUPydzO&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=ead0cfb58a6b447d6a66971268a216f9&oe=5D898FD8

Truth...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2019 04:49 pm
"Correction"
It has been brought to my attention that my recollection of the facts concerning game show history is incorrect. Probably so, the sentiments in this thread I still stand by but I may have gotten the game show part of my story wrong.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » To Tell The Truth
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:08:29