Am I his mother or his girlfriend?

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 05:23 am
I’ve been with my boyfriend for several years and we’re generally compatible except when it comes to money. He only has a small amount of assets and I don’t. He only earns a very modest salary and I don’t. I am an avid saver and he isn’t. But we are compatible in many ways like interests, family, personality and sex.

I can’t help myself when I see him going off track financially. I speak up and try to do so nicely but firmly. I feel like his mother and only say something when it really bothers me. He knows that I know about his bank account information and he thought that that would make me feel better but it doesn’t. He wants to live with me but all of this has been put on hold because of my concerns.

He sometimes complements me “for helping him be a better person and being financially responsible“ and other times carries a chip on his shoulder if I say something to him even in a nice way.

I am very moral and sometimes I feel he isn’t it’s that simple. As an example, he had money belonging to his elderly mother who is a Medicaid in a nursing home and he left the money in his own checking account. He was supposed to move a bunch of that money over to a savings account and the rest of it he was supposed to drop off the nursing home for her spending needs.

It took almost a month for him to put the money in the savings account and he still hasn’t dropped off the rest of it at the nursing home even though he was supposed to do so a week or so ago. It wasn’t until I told him I thought his actions are very unacceptable that he would to treat his mother like that that he actually did something. He’s in his 60s and he should know better I was afraid that he would use some of the money to pay his own bills at the end of this month and I believe that really was his intent until I guilted him into it.

I realize that none of us are perfect it’s hard to find true love especially in your 60s but how long can I continue to do this? If I don’t see anything it bothers me when I say something I realize that but for me saying something he probably would not of acted in the moral way. Do I finally break up after being with them for several years and knowing he truly loves me and wants to keep me happy ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 307 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 06:41 am
@Truthbetold1623,
Oh, FFS.

I take it you never read any of these many, many posts you've written on the exact same topic. And I take it you misplace your password or forget you made an account or whatever. Never mind that you need a separate email address for every account you make here.

He doesn't love you. He loves your money.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 12:10 pm
Accept that you are going to be the main support if you get involved with this guy. He has NO money coming in, saved, or in retirement. If things were reversed, would he take care of you?

You keep asking the same questions on this and other sites. Why?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2019 10:33 am
@Truthbetold1623,
You know this gal?
https://able2know.org/user/morality123/

You're not fooling anyone, you know.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Am I his mother or his girlfriend?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:58:35