Favorite NewsPapers

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 06:33 am
Do you have a favorite newspaper? If you do, how much time per day do you spend reading it?

My favorite is the Wall Street Journal, which I read daily for at least one hour. After the WSJ, my next favorite is the NYTimes, which I read at intervals ( when I have time ), during the day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 711 • Replies: 17
No top replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 06:34 am
I forgot one other category, "Other".
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 07:02 am
The New York Times, hands down. Reading it thoroughly is an education. It takes an hour or more each day, and I don't throw any section away until I've at least looked through it. It is sold in many parts of Florida, but can be hard to find if I don't pick one up by the afternoon. The convenience stores will get only two or three copies per day. I loved the Washington Post when I was in Washington, but its hard to find here - and its $3 or $4 for a weekday issue. I love the Christian Science Monitor, but it too is hard to get here. I don't read WSJ.

I don't bother with my local papers except for movie listings, and the Sunday TV guide.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 07:41 am
Larry:

Can you get home delivery of the Times?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:05 am
I prefer the London Times... it gives me that extra "distance" from the news, which I like. Certainly the NYTimes is the best American paper.

I'm impressed you like the WSJ since it is so dry, it must be great when you're laying a fire. <sm. interjection of humor>
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 03:03 pm
The Moncton Times.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 06:09 pm
gezzy - I read the Moncton Times every day - what a coincidence! Laughing

NH - Yes, we do have it in this area, and I used to have it. It saves a lot of money too because the Sunday Times is $5.00 these days.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 06:13 pm
Larry
You guys have a Moncton times over there?
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 06:45 pm
I'm occasionally a real smart mouth, gezzy. I was just kidding you about your world famous newspaper. Embarrassed
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:37 pm
LOL Larry! Well, I can be shallow, so we're even ;-)
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 09:53 pm
THE NEW YORK TIMES
The New York Times - ever' day. For 'bout an hour. You mean there are other newspapers? (Just kidding.) Used do the Washington Post, too, but ran out of time.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 10:09 pm
Its smart-mouth (noun), not smart (adj.) mouth. Laughing
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 10:13 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 11:54 pm
I can't say I read the newspapers faithfully, however if I do want the news in print I prefer to go to the English and Irish news of the day in order to get a bird's eye view of the world objectively.

I find the American newspapers sensationalize too much and tend to create news rather than disect news.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 12:15 am
LarryBS<

The website of The Christian Science Monitor is very informative, just in case you miss the paper and haven't visited the site. Highly recommended: www.christiansciencemonitor.com.

I read The New York Times whenever possible, and I read my local daily everyday. It's the only good way to keep up with state, county and city news. It's a Pulitzer-prize-winning paper, so it's a decent one.

For a quick daily read, USA Today is hard to beat. Sort of the Reader's Digest of newspapers (but not as conservative).
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 12:57 am
thanks williamhenry, believe it or not, I don't think I've ever thought to look up CSM online! Looks like a nice site. I too check out USA Today sometimes, usually on Thursday (books) or Friday.

misti - well said.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 01:41 pm
I read the Village Voice each weekend. In Boston we have to pay for it. In NYCity, it's free.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 05:59 am
Also like USAToday.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Favorite NewsPapers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 07:37:25