Unemployment appeal PA! OPINIONS

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 11:29 am
I just had my appeals hearing for unemployment in PA. I quit my job Dec 31st due to sexual and regular harrasment in the work place. Unemployment denied my initial application because they said even though I had a compelling reason to quit, my employer said I didn't inform them of why I was quitting. So today I went to my appeal super confident with emails I sent to HR and the RM between Jan 4th and Jan 7th showing where I had informed them I filed a formal complaint and that's why I was not returning, and my complaint I filed Jan 2nd. They did not reach out or try to resolve. Then the appeal referee killed my vibe because he kept asking why I didn't give them a chance to resolve. I told them they had plenty of time to resolve as they had me as an employee in their system until Feb 2nd. If you've read this far thank you. I'm just all nerves right now. Also hoping that since the employer didn't show up works in my favor
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 266 • Replies: 12
No top replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 11:53 am
@Cassmerm,
Did you notify your immediate supervisor or HR at the time of the harassment?
Cassmerm

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 11:58 am
@neptuneblue,
I filed the complaint and then proceeded to inform HR and the regional manager. I couldn't inform the manager in the store that I worked at because he was the one I had filed the complaint against. about three weeks ago after I had filed for unemployment originally and they had started their investigation I had gotten a phone call from a GM from a different storetrying to offer me a position which would require me to relocate which is not an option. also it's been 5 months since everything happened and I inform them and it wasn't until after I file for unemployment that they tried to offer me something else
Cassmerm

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 11:59 am
@neptuneblue,
it's like they're trying to backpedal now to be able to say that they offered me something even if it was 5 months later
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:00 pm
@Cassmerm,
So, you didn't say anything to anybody, you just upped & quit, then filed?
Cassmerm

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:03 pm
@neptuneblue,
Basically. December 31st was my last day in the office, January 1st was New year's Day everything was closed, and January 2nd was the day I filed the formal complaint against him through HR and inform them I wouldn't be returning back to work because of the harassment. in the denial from unemployment unemployment stated that I had a necessary and compelling reason to quit the only reason they were denying me was because my employer stated that they were not informed and if they have been informed they would have offered an alternative. I was able to bring proof to the appeals hearing that I had filed the complaint and informed them that I would not be returning to work due to the harassment at that point in time no one reached out to me to try to resolve the issue asked what was going on or anything. the only time that they've reached out to me was recently 5 months later to try to offer me a position in a different office branch that I would have to relocate to
0 Replies

Cassmerm

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:16 pm
@neptuneblue,
So no. I didn't just up and quit and not say anything and then file. They didn't even remove me from their system as an employee until February 2nd and they had been informed between Jan 2nd-7th via email and formal complaint as to what was going on
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:28 pm
@Cassmerm,
When did the harrassment occur? Did you document it at the time of occurance?
Cassmerm

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:38 pm
@neptuneblue,
Yes I did. And there were witnesses to it.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:44 pm
@Cassmerm,
But you didn't notify management until Dec 31, when you decided to quit. You didn't give HR any notice there was an issue until after you quit. For Unemployment claims to work correctly, the situation should have been escalated to senior management to allow corrective actions to take place. It seems now, you quit and regret it and now want paid.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 01:11 pm
@neptuneblue,
Do you by chance work for an unemployment office?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 01:25 pm
@Cassmerm,
Why haven't you consulted an employment attorney? You may have pretty much damaged your chances by not getting a professional to help push your case in a timely fashion.

Quote:

D. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.

0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 01:25 pm
@RABEL222,
Nope.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Unemployment appeal PA! OPINIONS
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:44:46