TOMORROW AND TOMORROW AND TOMORROW . . .

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:40 am
. . . creeps in this petty pace from day to day . . .

So what exactly is the petty pace here? For our Ozzian friends, theives in the night by the 'Merican clock, it is now late of a Sunday evening, with all which that implies about the coming work week, and wishing the weekend weren't over. For those across the pond from me, it is the beginning of the afternoon. For myself, i've laid abed scandalously, not arising until a quarter to six. I've my first cup of coffee and sausage and eggs before me. That is by right coast time--i suspect that the left coast folks are still all snug in their beds.

Good morning all ! ! !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 543 • Replies: 17
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 06:03 am
Monday is a holiday here in Adelaide.

Teehee....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 06:14 am
(YAWN)

Mornin' Set.

Do you have any creamer? I gathered the paper if you'd like the Funnies.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 06:15 am
Hey, Set. I've often wondered what the last syllable of recorded time is since time only has one syllable.

Morning to you and Deb.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 06:44 am
Recorded time--or at least marked time--is tic-toc. Tic-toc.

The last syllable would be "toc".
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:27 am
Thanks Squinney, i do always love the "literary" section of the Sunday paper best--the biggest drawback of the NYT is the lack of funny papers.

Our Dear Wabbit, i am glad to know you have an extra day to minister to your feline masters, who i rather suspect will keep you hopping.

Noddy has given you an answer, Miss Lettybettyhettygettymarycustislee, what you make of it, though, is anyone's guess . . .
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:41 am
There's no funnies in the NYT Sunday edition??? And New Yorkers put up with that? Shocked

That's sacrilege!

Here, you can have Parade and Metro, too. I really just need the classifieds. Job hunting is sooo much fun! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:47 am
I agree with you S. The Weekend papers in London are almost entirely readable.While on Crete I bought a variety of Londons best and found reading the Brits POV with self depricating humor and other witisisms thrown in with any subject.I say what happened to all that up here in Canada.None of the true British spirit exists here.Indeed The English can laugh at themselves and do and say all kinds of smart nasty witisisms.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:50 am
Mrs edgarblythe and I are off to breakfast at a local eatery. Been a while since we've done that.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:58 am
I am off to the Hindu Temple which serves us GODfood after the Puja.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 08:03 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Mrs edgarblythe and I are off to breakfast at a local eatery. Been a while since we've done that.

I've just had my modest little meal, EB. But i can dream: downhome pork sausage patties with sage, black pepper and cayenne, home fried potatoes, thick-sliced bacon, buttermilk biscuits and red-eye gravy, eggs (preferably, three or more) over easy, big pot of hot, fresh coffee, orange juice . . . mmmmm . . . now i'm torturing myself . . .
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 08:07 am
And ME!!

We have a greasy spoon called "Your House" that is divine at 3 in the morning.

(No sensible person would eat there any other time)

Serves up exactly the menu you mentioned, Set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 09:22 am
Downhome cookin' . . . an eventual death warrant, but so good . . . especially at three a.m. . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 10:29 am
We tried. The only places with decent breakfasts were busting at the seams with waiting patrons. The one we went in had a book to sign to get a place in line. It was out of sight in a little cubbyhole. The restaurant didn't so inform us, thus allowing a number of folks to come in behind us and get ahead in line. As soon as I realized this, I took the missus home and we had a big one of our own making.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:26 am
Interesting the number of A2K members who spend Sunday morning communing with hands-on newsprint.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:27 am
That's the only way to go, edgar. For me it was mini wheats with blueberries.

Now back to Noddy's tic and tock,
Her's was a syn-co-pa-ted clock.

Can't write without rhyming it seems--maybe tomorrow!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:31 am
Tomorrow has no morals !
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:32 am
Opps I meant the mushroom unless you look for it today because they is hard to get brothers and sisters.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » TOMORROW AND TOMORROW AND TOMORROW . . .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 08:13:22