Is this worth the risk?

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 01:35 pm
My boyfriend and I have been together for several years but we've know each other for decades including our families. We got together when we were single. I know he is generally a good man and very family oriented.

He wants to live with me in my home and get out of his rental. One side of me would like that since I do desire the companionship and feel lonely in the house sometimes. It would also move our relationship forward.

He has offered to pay me a certain amount (far less than 1/2 of the house expenses) and put a few hundred more in savings for "us" to use for vacations or house repairs, etc. He makes substantially less than me. I have several concerns: (A) I know he lives paycheck to paycheck so what happens if he "runs short" even if his expenses would be less living with me; (B) how do I control the "shared account"? Whose $ is that?; and (C) can I rely on him to pay me what he promises given that I know there are things that come up which require $ like new clothes, insurance costs go up, etc.?
He said it's a win/win for him to move in b/c I'll have extra $ to spend for hh expenses but the amount he is talking about isn't going to make a difference, with all due respect and when he told me the amount he said "it's like getting a windfall of $XX because no taxes are taken out". In other words, he made it seem like a lot more than what it is.
He has historically been terrible at $ management but has greatly improved and I would say he makes ends meet but isn't setting the world on fire. He has in the past promised to save more $ but he hasn't - he is still saving the same amount as last Summer primarily b/c he doesn't make that much in light of his regular expenses and recently only got a modest raise.
I don't want him to move in if I will be carrying the load relatively and I know once he moves in it will be very hard to get him out.
Does anyone have advice on this type of situation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 190 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 03:36 pm
@veryuncertain,
https://able2know.org/user/veryuncertain/
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is this worth the risk?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:24:03