Can't explain dark matter? Maybe because the space we think it should fill....isn't there.

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 10:58 am
Post from another thread, but finally found a way explain what I was trying to get at, believe this is worth starting a new discussion over:

Imagine two girls swinging a skipping rope in an arc to match one another. As it leaves one to reach the other it expands, but there is still nothing inside the arc. If a ship drew a straight line and tried to sail along it, the ship would not achieve the straight line, that took some comprehending down the years when we thought the world was flat. The reason we look for dark matter is because we believe the 'unaccounted space' exists. But maybe it doesn't. Through simple astrodynamics we can establish that if we accelerate when we are directly opposite the target we wish to reach, we will crash into earth. We see a direct volume between us and a target, because that is how we are trained to think. Ok so what if, going back to the skipping rope, nothing actually exists within it. That's the elusive dark matter, that 'space' actually isn't there. Matter simply expands from one planet to the next along the 'skipping rope' path, expanding but leaving an 85% void. It just isn't there. we think it should be because we think a volume exists between us and another object like a pipe, because that makes sense, but it just isn't there. All that is there is arcs expanding and compressing between masses. No one can explain dark matter, this would fully explain it. Its not there, because that space isn't there.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 261 • Replies: 9
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 05:26 pm
So, what prevents the momentum of the galaxy's rotation from tearing apart the galaxy and flinging all of the stars into intergalactic space?
roger

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 05:30 pm
@oralloy,
Now, wait a minute. Last week, it was all about stars, planets, and stuff being sucked into the solar furnace at the center of the galaxy. I wish you guys would make up your minds.
Ponderer

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 06:41 pm
@roger,
The two theories cancel each other out.
roger

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 06:42 pm
@Ponderer,
Big sigh of relief.

Probably balanced out like the earth orbiting the sun.
Ponderer

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 01:42 pm
@roger,
Yeah, people don't know this, but it's the spin of the earth that keeps it curving around the sun.
roger

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 06:54 pm
@Ponderer,
Yeah, I read about that somewhere. Right here, in fact.
Ponderer

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 07:35 pm
@roger,
That figures. Dang, I thought that was my theory. Hey, this is a good place to throw in this question. I just thought of it. Why do all the planets orbit the sun on the same plane?
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 08:19 am
@Ponderer,
When a cloud of gas collapses inward (as happens when a solar system is forming), its rotation increases just like a figure skater's rotation increases when they draw their arms in.

Centrifugal force pulls the edges of this rotating cloud out into a disk shape. Therefore, solar systems are formed from rotating disks of dust.

Many galaxies have a disk shape for the same reason.
Andy-NGC4889

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 02:06 pm
@oralloy,
Arcs from mass. Relational. Nothing between the arcs "aka dark matter". Black holes simple deep arks. String theory + leaves - enters, space time simply explained by xyz now the unexplainable.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can't explain dark matter? Maybe because the space we think it should fill....isn't there.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 07:56:10