The Timber Wolf Value

jstill

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 10:08 pm
How do I find the value of a print? I have a Wildlife Series First Printing "The Timber Wolf" Third in the wildlife series. The print number is 54256 this was part of the Miller High Life mirrors made by Beeco Mfg. Co.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 217 • Replies: 4
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 06:58 am
@jstill,
The value of 'anything' = What someone else will pay for it.
mark noble

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 06:59 am
@mark noble,
Timberwolves r us...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 07:31 am
@jstill,
People who deal in art guard their knowledge jealously. There are certain websites that list prices that paintings and prints have sold for at auction, but they tend to be for members only and the price of membership is very expensive, usually thousands, not hundreds, of dollars.

Having said that, prints don't tend to go for that much. You could search for similar items on ebay to see if they've sold recently but don't hold your breath.

I have an original piece of artwork by an artist who has been exhibited in major galleries. I found another piece by her on ebay, the seller wanted £500 for it. I followed that item for two years and it was never sold.

Still, it's a nice painting and it looks good on my wall.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 06:15 pm
jstill wrote:
How do I find the value of a print?

Take it to an outing of Antiques Roadshow the next time they are in the area.

I think they have only have 5000 openings each outing. People apply ahead of time and then 5000 people are randomly selected. You might have to apply every year for a few years before you get chosen.

Still, it's a free appraisal by an expert.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Timber Wolf Value
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:17:06