Blocking a country's T.L.D

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 11:57 am
I was wondering is it possible to block a country's TLD (Top Level Domain).

Every country has its own web code, like .us, .uk or .ie.

If it is possible might I suggest blocking .in which might stop the avalanche of crap thrown at us everyday from that messed up country.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 384 • Replies: 6
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 01:06 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
You can do this for yourself, but it will require some work.

Basically, you have to set up a name server (DNS server), and then set up what's called a conditional forwarder that black-holes all addresses ending in .in. Then you just set your machine to use that name server.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 01:25 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Not all spammers are from India (but many spammers that pop up here reside in that's country's neighborhood). If Robert ain't banning schizoid conspiracy theorists for dropping the worst racist crap and worse internet crap (for free speech reasons or so it's been argued)? He ain't blanket banning entire countries.

Hopefully, there has to be some good ones coming here with legit questions and wants to socialize while NOT spamming the site with spam written in some of the worst English known to humankind.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 01:45 pm
@DrewDad,
Thanks Double D but I know how to turn the computer on & off and that's about it.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 01:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar I get you but it's the sheer volume of this crap.

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 4 May, 2019 05:34 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Tsar I get you but it's the sheer volume of this crap.

I know what you mean. But you got your work cut out for you in trying to convince Robert (and any other forum big wigs who make these decisions).

I think it would be easier to place new members on probation. No embedded links allowed to they hit maybe 50 posts ... or some similar benchmark like a minimal amount of time posting, etc....

My initial point was a2k has far worse problems than spammers. But the spamming is definitely a problem that has been here far longer than this current epidemic of rabid conspiracy theorists.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 5 May, 2019 04:55 am
@tsarstepan,
Hi Tsar,

Quote:
I know what you mean. But you got your work cut out for you in trying to convince Robert (and any other forum big wigs who make these decisions).
I was just wondering if it were possible. DrewDad said we can do it ourselves if computer savvy.

Quote:
I think it would be easier to place new members on probation. No embedded links allowed to they hit maybe 50 posts ... or some similar benchmark like a minimal amount of time posting, etc....
Interesting.

Quote:
My initial point was a2k has far worse problems than spammers. But the spamming is definitely a problem that has been here far longer than this current epidemic of rabid conspiracy theorists.
I have all the political and religious nasties ignored, easily done. But the spammers are a different kettle of fish. Basically they've taken over the site. Page after page of spam.

Anyway feck em all & a Happy Birthday to me. Razz
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Blocking a country's T.L.D
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:22:32