Does this mean she might still have feelings?

Reply Wed 1 May, 2019 09:08 am
Or am I just wishful thinking.

I got back in touch with the girl I cut contact with.

I didnt think she would reply, but she did and it was quite long.

In it she said that all the pain and hurt had come back. That what I put her through badly affected her and still does. That she’s had issues in her relationships and she’s never quite felt the same.

She also said something that truly confused me: “I like the idea of us trying something together but I’m afraid of the result”

Part of me thinks that she wouldn’t have said all this if she didn’t want anything to do with me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 383 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Nnam

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 08:09 am
Obviously she does, and you both have got a lot to do to have it stay together for long.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 09:32 am
@Ojwasguilty,
Quote:
I like the idea of us trying something together but I’m afraid of the result

This seems pretty clear. I don't think that is confusing at all. Yes, she would like to try relationship again, BUT something about your relationship before hurt her and she if afraid that it will happen again.

There are two questions...

1) What happened that hurt her?
2) How can you make her know that it won't happen again?
Ojwasguilty

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 04:25 pm
@maxdancona,
1) The main thing is probably how I cut contact with her. We went to her prom together and then two weeks later I decided to completely cut contact with her. I just stopped answering her.

2) I was such a jerk to her back then. I was so immature and selfish. I’ve grown up. Throughout these years I’ve never forgotten her and I don’t think there’s a day I haven’t thought about her. If she lets me back in, I would never leave again.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 04:58 pm
@Ojwasguilty,
She is clearly open to reconnecting. My advice.

1) Apologize. Saying that you know what you did wrong and that you have changed will go a long way to reassure her.

2) Once you have apologized, let it go. The past is the past. If you both want a new relationship, your goal is to build a new, more mature one now that you are adults. You shouldn't be too hard on yourself... teenagers are not known to be emotionally mature. If she is willing to try again then go for it.

3) I feel I need to comment on your statement that "I would never leave again". This may be how you feel... but it isn't realistic. People change and for you to promise to be with her for the next 50 years is not reasonable.

The healthy thing to say is that if she lets you back in, you will treat her with respect and build a great relationship no matter what happens.

You are about to build a new relationship after both of you have had time to grow as people. The best relationships are built carefully, learn about who she is now, communicate your feelings, listen to her needs.

Part of emotional maturity is realizing the relationships are about honesty, communication and respect. They need to be built.

0 Replies

Lost Soul146

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 05:25 pm
Ah Lucky you most never get the chance at second time or rekindling an old flame, just take it easy....
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Sat 4 May, 2019 01:51 pm
if you can commit to fixing problems that hurt her then date her again. otherwise remain platonic
Ojwasguilty

Reply Sun 5 May, 2019 02:42 am
@bunnyhabit ,
I commit entirely. I would love to get to know her again and have her back in my life.

So you’re saying you think she would like us to try but she’s afraid I would pull off the disappearance act again?
Ragman

Reply Sun 5 May, 2019 08:07 am
@Ojwasguilty,
If it were me in this situation, I’d find someone else to focus my energy on. The emotional grounds are far too damaged in this relationship, IMHO. This trust is too fragile and future does not bode well for this relationship no matter how it goes on.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Does this mean she might still have feelings?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:14:25