Unable to commit but committed to someone he never met

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 12:29 am
He is a typical Mr Unavailable. We were close once and we’d text all the time. I was coming out of a destructive relationship and soon our involvement became romantic. Despite his advances and “promises”, he was just unable to commit to a relationship with me. Just as things got to “the crunch” he’d panic, come up with some BS excuse to step back and ghost me. Despite his apologies, this happened twice. Then the third time he tried to start the BS cycle, pretending as though nothing happened... I was wiser and declined his repeated advances to meet up. Third time. Fourth time. You get the idea. We were never sexual.

It’s been two years since this all began. He’s remained single, searching online to date and casually hook up. After the second time he “bolted and ghosted”, he began communicating with this woman overseas. I could see their contact and interaction online increasing in intimacy, until most recently she’s declared she’s in a “relationship” on Facebook followed by posting “love songs” all over her profile. Mind you, they’ve NEVER met in person but they’ve maintained communication online for over a year.

During the last twelve months however, he’s continued to contact me in a flirty way (non-reciprocated) and even lashed out when I told him I was in a relationship and/or not interested. Most recently was in the last month.

Right now I can’t help but feel slightly jaded because he’s in a “Facebook official” relationship with someone he’s never even met. My feelings of low self-worth have crept back, and I’m hurt that she’s clearly “good enough” to commit to but I never was. I’ve done a lot of research on emotionally unavailable relationships, and this explains his BS cycle of behaviour. He’s 34 and he’s never been married. The longest relationship was several years (if that) which ended because he pursued a girl he’d been obsessed with since childhood. That didn’t last and he’s been single until now.

Just six months ago the overseas woman announced online that she was moving to his country, with some insinuation that she’d met someone “special” (clearly was him). That same week he was hitting up someone I know on a dating site, unbeknownst to him. Even today, his online dating profile and casual “hook up” profile are active.

But still... despite all the shady behavior, I can’t help but believe he’s now combusted in to the sort of person I wanted all along. I believe she reaps all the benefits based on the fact that he’s committed to her, despite not having met and she’s clearly smitten. Am I missing something?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 209 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 01:25 am
@blanchedrose,

blanchedrose wrote:

But still... despite all the shady behavior, I can’t help but believe he’s now combusted in to the sort of person I wanted all along. I believe she reaps all the benefits based on the fact that he’s committed to her, despite not having met and she’s clearly smitten. Am I missing something?

Just my opinion, she is not reaping any benefits and I doubt he is in any way committed to her. In your position, I believe I would quietly ease my way out of contact with him. Don't be mad, you know, just quit wasting your time and emotional involvement.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 05:05 am
@blanchedrose,
Block his sorry ass and you'll never have to think about either of them ever again.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Unable to commit but committed to someone he never met
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:55:33