Place your effluent here!

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:20 pm
A lot of us 'round here post when we're supposed to be doing something else. (Hey, kick!) This is just meant to be a trash-heap where the unwanted and avoided detritus of that world can spill over into this one, like a garbage barge into New Jersey or an old warhead into Nevada.

Got it?

We'll see if this works (prolly not).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,400 • Replies: 30
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:23 pm
Here's mine for today.

Quote:
"During the contact process, refractory organic and inorganic solids accumulate within the system. The accumulated sands, silts, and non-degradable organic fibers dictate the rate of solids wasting. Wasting the nonbiodegradable solids causes the loss of bacterial mass and reduced process efficiency. The anaerobic contact process can utilize mechanical searating devices to remove refractory solids from the digestion system (Burke 2000)."

That's fro Dennis A. Burke's 2001 page-turner "Dairy Waste Anaerobic Digestion Handbook: Options for Recovering Beneficial Products From Dairy Manure."

Put it on your Christmas list. It's sure to be a big hit with the in-laws.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:25 pm
ooooohhh, sounds thrilling. Do they discuss the medical uses of cud too?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:26 pm
No. Didn't know there were any.

But, look, this is a professional thread. I don't want to get sidetracked in idle chit-chat.

Idle professional discourse only, if you please.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:27 pm
Oh, excuse me, I didn't realize.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:50 pm
I still do not really understand the dissociative systems as discrete systems, separate from the main consciousness.

Just WHERE the SMEG are they?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:54 pm
Check under the sofa.

(What in the smeg is a dissociative system?)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:54 pm
(i was just yanking your schnoozle, k...)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:15 pm
(What the smeg is a schnoozle? I so wouldn't let him the smeg near it, whatever the smeg it is, 'k!!!!!)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:25 pm
dlowan wrote:
(What the smeg is a schnoozle? I so wouldn't let him the smeg near it, whatever the smeg it is, 'k!!!!!)

Schnoozle - that's what I do every day - have a little snack, look at the newspaper, still no good news, have a little schnoozle.........
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:36 pm
That may look like **** to you, but its my bread and butter.

"In an interesting twist of research, it appears that many genes are controlled by important regulatory elements that lie in regions previously considered "junk" DNA because these sequences did not code for any known proteins. However, scientists now realize that some of these nocoding sequences are also highly conserved across species. Thus the notion that these sequences are junk is being "junked""
-Research Highlights of Lawrence Livermore Labs , April 2005, Science and Tech Review. (AVailable on line at http://www.llnl.gov/str.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:40 pm
I'll trade you shite, f-man. (Looking at DNA as a dynamic, three-dimensional object instead of just as a string of information.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:10 pm
Farmerman, did I tell you about Greg Bear's Darwin's Radio already?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:13 pm
HOW BOUT 4-D, SEEMS THAT THERES A TIME LIMIT ON REPLICATION IN CERTAIN ZONES
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:25 pm
All right, no need to shout. (Kidding...)

Time limit starting when? Replication? Local histone acetylation? Binding of TFs? Something else (most likely, since I don't know what I'm talking aboot)?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:36 pm
I was reading about mechanisms in functional groups that have an almost limited time for which a base pair in a specific amino acid can code, also in specific exons and interons where theyd probably act just like a "perforation on a matzoh" (geneticist buddy said that not me). So specific groups in specific places both in m and extra nuclear DNA just , like give it up at a point. AND, they cannot repair any longer. I think that the controllers lie somewhere in the "junk".
Ats about as far as Im informed, lots of work has already been done by Ames and others .

Littlek-Im not familiar with Greg Bears Darwins Radio. Is this a evolution joke I can use??? Its getting kinda weird over on the evo threads
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:40 pm
Weird? Where?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:52 pm
delete, see next effort at posting -
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:55 pm
Early post here reminded me of an article on a guy in Marin who does make energy out of cow poop.
I posted a link on it in the little known cow thread, now where did I put that. Back when I find it.

Here 'tis -
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=710164#710164
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:56 pm
Working on a web page on exactly that. Both an intriguing and a stultifying subject.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Place your effluent here!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 11:43:37