ELECTION UPDATE

Eva

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:41 pm
We're only a week away from the Big Election, folks. According to SCoates, the polls will open on Wednesday, May 4th and will be open through Friday, May 6th.

Since we have several nomination threads going simultaneously, I thought it would be helpful to have all the results in one place. I'll list all the nominees and the number of nominations they have received here along with their stated party affiliations, if any. If you see anything or anyone I've left out, please tell me.

As votes and affiliations change, I will edit this list to reflect the changes. If I have listed your information incorrectly, please post to this thread and tell me. I will be happy to correct it. I'll be editing the list at least once daily.

As of 5/3/05, 9:00 a.m.:

Farmerman - 21 (S/F)
Eva - 20 (L&B)
Gus - 19 (GKE)
Frank - 18
Dlowan - 16 (S/F)
Laeknir Scrat - 14
Dyslexia - 13 (L&B)
Sozobe - 12 (S/F)
Ticomaya - 11 (L&B)
Kickycan - 10 (GKE)
MsOlga - 9 (L&B)
JoefromChicago - 8
Lord Ellpus - 8 (GKE)
Patiodog - 8
Bella Dea - 7 (L&B)
Nimh - 7 (S/F)
Roger - 7
Timber - 7
Zippy - 7 (S/F)
Cav - 6
Dagmaraka - 6 (L&B)
Littlek - 6 (L&B)
Baldimo - 5
Blueveinedthrobber - 5 (L&B)
Gautam - 5 (L&B)
Noddy - 5 (L&B)
Phoenix - 5
Slappy Doo Hoo - 5
CalamityJane - 4 (L&B)
Letty - 4 (L&B)
SCoates - 4
Craven - 3
Georgeob1 - 3
Smog - 1

==================
*L&B = Love & Beauty Party
*GKE = Gus/Kicky/Ellpus
*S/F = Sozobe/Farmerman
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 816 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Eva

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 10:40 pm
Updated it again.
Does anyone have any corrections?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 11:14 pm
Gosh, Eva, I didn't even know I was involved! Surprised Razz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:36 pm
Gosh yes, Msolga!!! We couldn't do without you!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:41 pm
Here's a synopsis of the changes over the weekend. (Voting was slow...lots of people out of town.)

Timber, Nimh, Gautam, Phoenix, Zippy, JoefromChicago, Dyslexia, Roger, Cav, CalamityJane and Msolga all gained one vote each. Sozobe gained two votes, and both Dlowan and Frank gained three votes.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:59 am
I haven't paid much attention here.... mostly cos the UK general election is May 5th so it took me a while to realise what the monkeys was going on!! So... what is going on??
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:02 pm
Where does one vote for Laeknir Scrat?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:14 pm
While I don't really plan on winning, I still must insist that I not be forgotten!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:20 pm
I expect the next 14 women to vote for me by Tuesday midday, otherwise I shall have to personally discipline them all.

So, If you dont want to meet Mr Bendy, vote for me immediately.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:24 pm
When the actual vote happens, I assume all the candidates will be on one ballot, yes? Otherwise it may get confusing. Like an election in Florida or the recent one we had for governor of Washington (still in the courts six months later).

We wouldn't want that for something this important!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:33 pm
I have my legal appeal already drafted, just in case.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 10:15 pm
nimh wrote:
Where does one vote for Laeknir Scrat?

On Scrat's self-nomination thread. He's on the list above, with all the nominations recorded on the poll on that thread. (14 at last count.)

This brings up an inconsistency, though. In the other three threads, people had to choose one candidate among 9 or 10. On Scrat's thread, they simply had to agree to put him on the ballot...it wasn't a choice of him vs. 9 or 10 others.

But all I'm doing is simply recording the number of poll nominations on this thread so people won't have to check five separate threads. It's just for convenience. Ideally, everyone nominated in every poll will be on the final ballot, but I don't know how SCoates plans to do that. A2K limits polls to 10 options. SCoates will either have to pick the 10 nominees/parties with the highest number of nominations, or else he will have to conduct the election on multiple threads again, placing the winner of each thread in a final run-off. (PSSST...HEY, SCOATES, ARE YOU LISTENING?! HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS?)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 10:16 pm
smog wrote:
While I don't really plan on winning, I still must insist that I not be forgotten!

I'm not forgetting you, smog! Cool I'm just recording the number of nominations that people have received on the polling threads. If you want to start your own poll like Laeknir Scrat did, I'll record your numbers here, too, okay?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 10:26 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I have my legal appeal already drafted, just in case.

I'm sure you do. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 01:04 am
Starting threads isn't really my thing. I'll think about it.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 01:10 am
Eva wrote:
(PSSST...HEY, SCOATES, ARE YOU LISTENING?! HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS?)

I'd like to know this, too. Because, like, if I can get by this whole primary thing without having to make a thread and still get to be in the general election, well, that would be cool. And just knowing things in general is cool.

Oh, Eva, you can make my number of nominations 1, since I'm reasonably certain that I'm nominating myself, and just being on the list would be cool. Maybe people will take pity on the guy with only 1 nomination. Pity gets you things, y'know.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:54 am
Okay, I'll do that!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » ELECTION UPDATE
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 05:22:36