Don't Know if I Should Seek a New Relationship

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 04:20 am
Hi, first time poster here. So, recently (past month and a half or so) I've been catching up with an old friend from high school. We hadn't really talked or met in five years but we've been talking almost daily since we've started talking again and have met a few times to hang out. And we've been really hitting it off! It's been a lot of fun seeing her again and I've enjoyed talking with her nearly all time. I feel like things could go to relationship status pretty easily.

The only thing is there's quite a lot of complications. First off, she's just got off a serious relationship with her last partner and is actually still in the process of getting a divorce with him. Secondly, while right now she's around three hours from where I live she's planning on moving to Vancouver, which would be at least a days ride for either of us. As much as I enjoy talking to her and spending time with here I'm not sure if right now is an appropriate time to broach the concept of a relationship with her - or even if she's ready for a new relationship.

I really like her and want her to be happy, but I just don't know what's the best, most honest solution to what I'm feeling in this relationship. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 129 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 05:00 am
@TheCdog88,
Let her get through her divorce first before starting anything.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 05:45 am
Right now you are a much needed friend. Let it be that way.

Besides, youdon’t want to be the “transition” person in her life. That first romantic relationship after a divorce never lasts long.
mystikmind

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 08:50 pm
@PUNKEY,
yea, dont push the relationship thing, but also, be open too it if she leads you in that direction.
Given that it was a marriage, it is quite likely that the relationship was over for her long ago. This is often the case for women who decided to finally end a marriage, in which case you are good to go!
But if the relationship within the marriage crashed only recently, then she still needs her space!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Don't Know if I Should Seek a New Relationship
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:53:45