Does my boyfriend love me if he can say this to me?

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2019 12:49 pm
Me and my boyfriend were speaking about my friend and her boyfriend. Recently they have been arguing a lot, and one argument got so heated that my friend packed all her clothes and went to stay at her moms house. Anyways my boyfriend said that this was very wrong and that if I did that he wouldn’t take me back as he thinks it’s wrong to leave your partner and go stay somewhere else after an argument. I asked him that it’s just a case of needing space, and he said he doesn’t understand that and doesn’t think it’s normal to pack your stuff and go stay at your families when your mad. He basically told me it would be over if I did that. He said he could understand if he was truly in the wrong, but if it’s an argument where he doesn’t think he’s in the wrong but I’m just very pissed off then it would be over if I went over to my families for a week.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 209 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2019 02:49 pm
@Lifeisnteasy,
He's certainly laying down what he thinks are going to be the ground rules. Only you can decide whether they're fair.

Hint: they aren't.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2019 04:24 pm
@Lifeisnteasy,
Are you all quite young? it seems odd to me to think of adults packing up and going to their parents.

In any case, if someone moves out, they need to realize that it could very well mean the permanent end of the relationship. Adults don't move in and out when they're fighting.

I think it's reasonable of your boyfriend to point that out to you. It's helpful to you to realize that he's at a different relationship stage than you are.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2019 07:07 pm
He’s saying that leaving the scene is an unacceptable way to deal with conflict.

You might ask him what he suggests for couples who find themselves in a huge disagreement, so conflicted that they can’t even talk to each other. Or if one is fearful, or one gets physical.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Does my boyfriend love me if he can say this to me?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:23:54