Tired of nimh

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:56 pm
when i see nimh posted i scroll down and see where everywhere he's been. and read up. i learn many a thing that way.
budapest will be wonderful. procrastination before such a move is inevitable, i'd be much worse. i will be much worse. soon enough.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:56 pm
C'mon nimh. This is a poor showing. Do I need you to refer you to Kicky's threads as a model of the online personal crisis? You've gotta contribute, man.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:58 pm
well, it is 6am in netherlands... though that don't mean he can't be up. the man's up at oddest times.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:59 pm
the man's oddest at the up times.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:59 pm
Ooooh - how much of Nimh is persona - and how much reflects the rel life Nimh?

(No Googling)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 10:04 pm
"Real-life?" Much as many of us (myself, at any rate) might be loath to admit it, this is a part of real-life. And I think the written voice, when it is consciously developed (as nimh's clearly is; he writes in a second language far better than the vast majority of us who are writing in a first language), is as much a valid voice as a spoken voice.

Unless, of course, nimh is a 60-year-old-woman living in Des Moines, Iowa. Then she's got some 'splaining to do, Lucy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:39 pm
Exactly - and HE said persona, which piqued my interest.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 12:26 am
Wee de wolf die in een kwaad gerucht staat? Laughing

He, isn't this your "gedoogzone", nimh?

Have some "Dutch courage" - and "Keulen en Aken zijn niet op een dag gebouwd", so there are enough days to start packing Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:04 am
"Gedoogzone" yes, that pretty much clinches it in terms of persona vs real-life. Good one. Unfortunately I dont know what "Dutch courage" means - but it doesnt sound impressive.

<rubs sleep out of eyes>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 05:21 am
nimh wrote:
Unfortunately I dont know what "Dutch courage" means - but it doesnt sound impressive.

Indeed it isn't Embarrassed

But since I didn't find any other expression ...
The phrase "Dutch courage" is a slang term for courage gained from intoxication by alcohol. It is synonymous with liquid courage.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 05:43 am
What are you talking about? In my many years of studying the Dutch I have found untold incidents of Dutch courage. There was the time that.... um... Well, there was the... Oh, yeah and the time when... Ooops, that was Zimbabwa. Never mind.

You can do it nimh. Make a list, check it twice and "get 'er done." as they say here in the Redneck areas.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 06:24 am
Re: Tired of nimh
nimh wrote:
I'm tired of nimh.

As usual, you are arguing a position that has no merit at all. And as usual, you rule anyway. Cool

-- your fan Thomas
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:16 am
With insults like that, who needs compliments?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:25 am
Nice ass.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:11 am
Who, me?

Oh no, I see ... even my ass is easily overtaken by someone else.

I mean, no, wait - that sounded all wrong, I mean - well you know what I mean. Right?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:14 am
You have a sexy mind, Nimh.

That is better than a nice ass - except, maybe, when it is Eeyore - hmmmmmmm....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:22 am
Nimh,
It is time for you to see the Great Owl.
Moving day is coming soon.... he will tell you what to do. ;-)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tired of nimh
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 10:12:30