Pet Peeves, anyone?

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:42 pm
What is it that really gets your goat? What can turn a lovely moment in time into yet annoyance?

Here's the first that comes to mind.....

I cannot count the number of times I will be walking along, in a straight straight line, obviously knowing where I'm headed, only to have people attempt to walk straight through my body.
Not just teenagers either - any age, any sex.
There's no attempt to step aside one inch.

You wouldn't think I was someone you can not see: red hair, ususally colorful clothes, beautifully middled aged, sexily plump and secure. (no, one one's trying to get a quick feel).
What's the deal?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 890 • Replies: 15
No top replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 11:04 am
too many peeves, couldn't prioritize them, but here's a couple:

plastic packages you can hardly open without using a hacksaw--they're known as clam packs, btw

"resealable" packages that hardly ever reseal
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 11:10 am
Drivers on cellphones are my biggest pet peeve.

HANG UP AND DRIVE!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 11:20 am
I'm with yitwail here, but I'd expand it to include most packaging nowadays. I've been known to resort to screwdrivers, heavy shears, pliers and can openers just to get one single package open. And aspirin bottles are absoluetly impossible. I end up destroying the friggin' things and transferring the contents to a styrofoam cup because the cap stays neatly locked in place, no matter what I do. Maybe little kids know how to open those bottles, not an adult like me. Also, since pain killers are often taken by people suffering from arthritis, how in hell are they supposed to get that cap off, gnarled hands and all?

And I agree with Mac re: mobile phones. They should be banned in all public places, as I've already said on another thread. I believe the original idea behind the mobile phone was for use in emergencies where there are no public pay phones available. It unnerves me to see otherwise sane-looking people walking down the street, apparently talking to themselves.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 11:38 am
There seems to be a theme developing here...

My pet peeve is that those of us who hate cell phones can never find a freakin' pay phone now.

Now, since every idiot has a cell phone, pay phones are disappearing.

Personally I think cell phones are from the devil. They may just be the "number of the beast" referred to in the Biblical book of revelations.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 12:05 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
There seems to be a theme developing here...

My pet peeve is that those of us who hate cell phones can never find a freakin' pay phone now.

say it ain't so! how's superman supposed to defend Truth, Justice and the American Way if he can't find a phone booth to change into his cape?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:11 pm
I haven't seen a phone booth in several decades. I think they went out with hula hoops and saddle shoes. Pay phones today -- when and if you can find them -- are out in the open where every bystander can hear every word you say. And the person on the other end can't understand you anyway because of all the background noise.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:14 pm
I HATE it when someone driving 97 MPH comes roaring up behind you, rides your ass for a bit, glares at you angrily for not moving up to warp speed, swerves the car to whip around you and then cuts you off just in time to turn. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:16 pm
My pet peeve is coming up on someone in the passing lane on the highway who refuses to pull to the next lane.

And threads on pet peeves.

And mayonnaise. Stuff sucks hairy goat.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:21 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
My pet peeve is coming up on someone in the passing lane on the highway who refuses to pull to the next lane.

When there are 4 lanes you should be able to find your groove in the fast one if you want to go 100...not in the exit lane.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:26 pm
I'm with Slappy on all three of his peeves.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:32 pm
Seriously....I drive about 40-45 minutes to work every day. I am on either a 3, 4 or 5 lane expressway every day (I have to take 3 different ones). I cannot stand people who think that you need to get out of the way because they want to get through, to cut you off, to get off on the same exit you are going to, only about 2 seconds before you. That is what I am talking about.

And I am not one of those 55 in a 70 drivers. I am usually (shhhhh) speeding.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:34 pm
since the topic of drivers has come up, any agnostics, atheists, or even Christians get annoyed with all the fish symbols attached to the back end of cars? i know it's an icthus, but pretty ironic that what was originally a secret symbol among persecuted Christians is now used to publicly proclaim one's piety. some people go so far as to have 2 big fishes for mom & dad, plus little ones for the small fry, which seems almost disrespectful to me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 02:42 pm
Well, that fish sure isn't a secret anymore i guess.
Yes yes yes, it is very annoying.
Now though, even more annoying are the darwin symbols others put on the back of THEIR care in retaliation.

Personally, I think ALL bumperstickers suck.
I would hate to think someone is making a judgement - good or bad - about me, based on some trite saying on my bumper.

Well, except Happy Bunny of course, he's cool.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:49 pm
I have a favorite bumper sticker. It says BUMPER STICKER.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:12 pm
When I had a nice yuppie car, I used to joke I was going to put a bumper sticker on it that said "my other car is a porsche" just to piss people off(talk about magnet to get keyed)....of course I'd never put a bumper sticker on a car.

I heard about the same thing online, someone had a Rolls with a bumper sticker that said "my other car is a Bentley."

That's funny stuff. But, uh, bumper stickers are a pet peeve. They're stupid, and leave glue residue on your car.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pet Peeves, anyone?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 09:35:45