Today SUCKS

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:08 am
Today in Boston, it's some holiday. What holiday? Boston Marathon, Red Sox game at 11am, aka "Another Excuse For Bostonians To Get Hammered By Noon" holiday. Downtown is a goddamn madhouse right now. If you're on one side of Boylston St(where the marathon ends), you need secret underground tunnel access to get to the other side.

Everyone has the day off. Except me...my company is based out of NY, and my customers are open today.

So my roomate is getting ready to hit the town...I have two friends running the marathon, couple friends back for 1 week who live in CA, and I have one of the busiest days lined up.

If you have the day off today: I hate you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,111 • Replies: 24
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:10 am
Don't hate me because I have the day off. The holiday is Patriot's Day. You know, that little celebration for the anniversery of the start of our little nation's battle for independence.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:12 am
One of my hobbies, other than collecting bugs and creating meat sculptures, is crafting alternate titles for holidays.

The holiday is "Get Drunk In Boston Because Kenyans Are Kicking Ass In The Marathon Day."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:15 am
Those Kenyans sure can run.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:18 am
I've been in two cab rides within the last two months with Kenyan drivers, and the common topic is "how the hell are they so good?"

They haven't released the secret.

They average 5 minute miles, even over the last stretch. It's insane.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:20 am
Long long legs and high altitudes. In one of the African countries, maybe Kenya, they had runners. People who would run from place to place delivering messages.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:21 am
You going out today...what the hell are you doing in?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:21 am
I dunno!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:22 am
You've got a new bike, go use it.

Practice those sweet wheelies.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:22 am
On a positive note, I'm working from home/phone today, so I can watch the Sox game sans volume, while laying in bed.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:25 am
Well, that's not so bad.... why not go outside and do business by phone while out in the sun?

Bonus! I just found $10 in the pocket of these shorts which I haven't worn since last summer!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:28 am
OW!!! That's 2 magaritas at Border Cafe. And they'll never pull you over for drunk riding your bike.

Outside isn't as comfortable, plus if cars go by while I'm talking, or if it's a little windy, too much noise. I've thought about doing that though.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:29 am
find a park!

I think I'm going to walk to porter square..... that 10 bucks will be lunch!

See ya!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:39 am
Am I that behind in the times...does the park have internet access?

Have good time.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:42 am
littlek wrote:
Don't hate me because I have the day off. The holiday is Patriot's Day. You know, that little celebration for the anniversery of the start of our little nation's battle for independence.

And you STILL havent paid us for those crates of tea.

OUTRAGEOUS !!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:45 am
None of those Kenyan runners happen to be from New Mexico, by any chance?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:51 am
Uhhhh....no. They're from Italy.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 10:18 am
Re: Today SUCKS
Quote:
Everyone has the day off. Except me...

there are plenty of working shlubs downtown today -- including yours truly... so what's the score? which kenyan's way ahead of the pack?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 10:27 am
Red Sox are winnng 5-1, bottom of third.

As far as who's leading the marathon, I could honestly care less.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 10:35 am
I agree that today sucks. I was out til three in the morning and now I have heartburn and it tastes like Yager and ass.

Damn that stripper and her weird fetishes.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Today SUCKS
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:37:37