Input needed about my affiar status

sevans

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 03:28 pm
Ok - This one is a doozey!
I'm a widower of two years. She's has a boyfriend of four years. We both work at the same company. Our relationship started in August 2018. Sex began in December. Last week, an unknown co-worker contacted her boyfriend and exposed our relationship. When he confronted her, she confirmed everything. So now, EVERYTHING is out in the open. Note: This the SECOND time that she's cheated on him within 16 months.

So here's where it gets REALLY weird: The boyfriend is willing to try and work things out with her. But she's told him that she still wants me to be a part of her life (as just a friend, of course). Apparently, he's agreed to this!
So....the boyfriend is willing to remain in the relationship with a woman who's cheated on him TWICE, and...he's willing to allow her to maintain a friendship with me (whom she has admitted that she's in love with me).

So she's going to set ground rules that her and I will be "just friends". It'll probably be things like no more sex, romance, touching, etc. She's probably hoping that we'll just talk on the phone as if nothing ever happened.

Additional problem: I am deeply in love with her and want to be with her. (Yeah...I know: I'm stupid)
If I keep her in my life (as "just friends"), the emotion will probably kill me. If I walk away, she'll say that I'm abandoning her and make me the bad guy.

Now what?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 329 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 04:20 pm
You sound like you have a choice in the whole thing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 08:47 pm
@sevans,
She chose her boyfriend as her number one and you as a back-up. If you're ok with that, good.

Separately, how attached are you to your job?
sevans

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2019 10:33 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm very attached to my job.

I'm not sure I can handle being the back up as "just friends".
jespah

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2019 05:49 am
@sevans,
Get some therapy and figure out why your self esteem is so tanked you're willing to accept her scraps.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Input needed about my affiar status
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 09:17:56