Pyrex exploded

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2019 08:25 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

chai2 wrote:

I have a theory the bowl and baking dish were lovers, and the bowl could just not go on without her.

At least now their pieces are mingled in the trash can.

That is touchingly romantic.

The Brave Little Toaster (1987) gets an even darker reboot from Disney.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2019 11:03 am
@tsarstepan,
Oh I realize nothing lasts forever.

My concern was how dangerous it was having it literally explode in anyones face.

Lemme tell ya though <pulling up a chair and warming to the subject>.......I had this colander. The colander not only my mother used, but that I put on my head while sitting on the kitchen floor, and banging myself on the coconut with a metal spoon, or brick, or whatever was at hand. She probably got it when she first married, and I was the 4th child. Who knows if it was her mothers?

It was one of those thin ass metal ones.

I took that thing to college with me, and beyond. It had to be in the 1990's when I took it out of the dishwasher, and a big hunk of the bowl had fallen off.

I was sad.

The one I bought, which is this heavy metal thing (I didn't want it, but I needed it) will undoubtably last until the sun explodes.

Old one

https://i.etsystatic.com/15960978/d/il/90a96d/1791193367/il_340x270.1791193367_e2l0.jpg?version=0

New one

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71zFesl%2BoeL._SX425_.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2019 11:17 am
One of my colanders may be that old. I also have two plastic ones. Depends what I'm doing which one I use.
chai2

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2019 01:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, I have a plastic one too, and the metal one.

When I was furnishing the house in Mexico, for the kitchen I got one of those dollar store plastic colander. I've used it a few times down there to rinse off vegetables or such.

While driving around today, it hit me that for the amount of oven use I do, I'm not even going to bother to replace any baking dishes.

I'm just going to get a pack of those disposible ones.

Actually, some of the prepared foods I get come in a really sturdy, semi-disposal metal tray. I've got one of those, and it'll be fine.

Kinda off topic, but related to getting the right tool based on the amount of use you get out of it....

Awhile back I started using disposible travel toothbrush & toothpaste combos.

I had gotten a bunch when I got the Mex house, with an eye toward doing AirBnB (which I haven't yet). Whenever I went there I would just pull out one of them, and through it out when I left. Those little tubes last a long time actually, and I would toss them like 2/3rds full.

So when I was in Target awhile back I saw they had them, the toothbrush/toothpaste ones, for 97 cents. I bought a bunch, a one of them lasts about a month.

I sprinkle alcohol on my toothbrush after each use, as the thought of all that mouth stuff on it grosses me out. Really, think about it.

Now, after a month of cleaning, and disinfecting it after use, you toss.

Don't get me started about my carbon footprint. It's miniscule compared to the vast majority of people, so I'm fine with wasting a few oz of plastic each year.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pyrex exploded
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/11/2024 at 02:22:16