Is there a way to stop non-friends from sending me a message on Facebook?

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 11:22 am
In 2019, is there a way to stop non-friends from sending me a message on Facebook?

Years ago, before Facebook got into so much trouble with sharing personal data, I seem to remember that there was a Facebook option to stop non-friends and total strangers from sending me a message on Facebook Messenger (where there was not an option/button for them to send me a message via Facebook Messenger), yet the Facebook Messenger option/button was always available to my Facebook Friends.

So I was wondering in this new 2019 year, is there any way I can alter my settings, so there is not a Message button on my Facebook page for people that are not my Facebook friends? I looked at the privacy settings, and I don’t seem to be able to find an option where only Facebook friends can contact me via Facebook Messenger, whereas non-friends/strangers can not. Thus far, the only information I have found how to do this is old information, that no longer works on the recent updates that Facebook has now done to user accounts.

I don’t mind having the “Add Friend” button on my page, but I really would like to not have the “Message” button on my page available to non-friends and strangers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 88 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is there a way to stop non-friends from sending me a message on Facebook?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:32:59