Confused about what to apply for .

Sat 9 Feb, 2019 11:22 pm
I don't know what career path to take . I'm not getting any experience in my current job because I'm just dealing with piles of clothes . I need a job that doesn't require a certificate or degree but has growth and I'll be trained . Do you have any job suggestions ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 544 • Replies: 12
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Sun 10 Feb, 2019 08:06 am
@Flower222,
What talents do you have? Do you make awesome cakes? Woodworking? Artist? Good with animals? Mechanical?

Unless you have a unique talent that is marketable, you must have training or some kind of education.
bunnyhabit

Sun 10 Feb, 2019 09:29 am
McDonald's
0 Replies

Flower222

Sun 10 Feb, 2019 05:40 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well that is why I need a job that will train me but I'm not finding any .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 10 Feb, 2019 05:49 pm
@Flower222,
is there a reason you couldn't work on a certificate/diploma/degree while you work at your current job?
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 10 Feb, 2019 07:44 pm
@Flower222,
Did you ever consider talking to management in your current job about upward mobility, training programs, or mentoring programs?

That could be a start. If your current employer does have such programs, that may help build up your resume and experiences.

That could also potentially lead into other employment opportunities with other companies.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 11 Feb, 2019 06:21 am
@Flower222,
Why not post several more of the exact same question and listen to none of the answers? Did you pick up a copy of the book What Color Is My Paracute yet?
0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 11 Feb, 2019 08:29 am
@Flower222,
Flower222 wrote:

I don't know what career path to take . I'm not getting any experience in my current job because I'm just dealing with piles of clothes . I need a job that doesn't require a certificate or degree but has growth and I'll be trained . Do you have any job suggestions ?

Ok you are dealing with a pile of clothes - is this a dry cleaner? Do you like your job? What do you enjoy doing?

If you are working at a dry cleaner then there could be opportunities say to move to asst manager and then to manager. If it is locally owned meaning a family business your chances of moving up are small so apply to another dry cleaner - when you interview ask them what the potential opportunities are.

Another thought say you like to work with the public - you could even work at a McDonalds, a Dunkins, etc. Ask about how you move up to manager or similar. Many of these sorts of places will promote good workers.

My mom once worked at a department store - she just wanted a job to make some extra money for the family with no responsibilities. Because she was a good worker, they offered to promote her to asst manager or manager. She had limited work experience and just a high school diploma. She did turn it down because she didn't want additional responsibility - but there are ways to move up even with little training and education.

The important thing is to ask when you interview. Make it clear you are willing to work hard to move up.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 11 Feb, 2019 10:06 am
@Flower222,
Given literally no context (your background, your education level, your age, your work history, your country of residence [this is a global web forum albeit covering more English language countries like Canada, the US, England, Australia], etc...).

What does "dealing with piles of clothes" mean exactly? You currently work at a Laundromat? Folding clothes at a retail store or thrift shop? Hording clothes at home? Too many variables are left out to give you any helpful advice here.
glitterbag

Mon 11 Feb, 2019 11:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well, he/she could enlist in the Coast Guard, or another service.
roger

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 12:01 am
@glitterbag,
But no veteran's benefits.
glitterbag

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 03:02 am
@roger,
Well, certainly not if that person doesn't sign up and serve!
0 Replies

pearldg

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 05:57 am
@Flower222,
Hi Flower222! First off, maybe you have to change the way you see yourself and your job. What is it particularly that you are doing? Anyway, it seems like you're unhappy with it because it's not your interest. The gig economy is actually "in" right now and the best part is some employers also offer training. So probably try looking at Upwork for some freelancing jobs. There are various tasks out there that you can choose from.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Confused about what to apply for .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:10:56