I don't normally go to other forums but...

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 02:23 pm
somebody emailed me this and I just had to check it out. After further reading I decided that I had to rip it off and post it here. So the question is:

How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?

The specifics:

- You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.

- You are not allowed to touch a wall.

- When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out."

- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.

- The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.

- There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup.

- The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.

So what do you think? How many could you take on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 683 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 02:34 pm
McGentrix posted this a week or so ago on nother thread.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 02:34 pm
Interestin' concept. I dunno, but assumin' the kids did receive effective team-assualt tactics trainin', any more than 3 or 4 might be a pretty respectable match for just about any adult. Just goin' on my experience with dogs, 3 or more are pretty damned hard to deal with if they get it in their heads they don't wanna be dealt with. I'm gonna guess the "Right Answer" number is surprisin'ly low, to most folks' expectations anyhow.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 02:46 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Interestin' concept. I dunno, but assumin' the kids did receive effective team-assualt tactics trainin', any more than 3 or 4 might be a pretty respectable match for just about any adult. Just goin' on my experience with dogs, 3 or more are pretty damned hard to deal with if they get it in their heads they don't wanna be dealt with. I'm gonna guess the "Right Answer" number is surprisin'ly low, to most folks' expectations anyhow.

I dunno timber McGentrix said he thought he could take 20. He must be bad ass.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 02:52 pm
Do you remember where the thread was?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 02:58 pm
Easily more than 3 or 4 five year olds. It would only take one punch or swift kick to the face for each one.

At least I know I can beat up rougly 12 elderly at once.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 03:16 pm
Depending on the four/five year olds, and how tricky they are, one could do it easily.

I had a guy on a disability claim years ago (he's likely still on). Took his two kids over to his sister's for a family birthday thing. He was in the play room with the kids - they were watching a wrestling video. Sis called everyone to the party room for food. Everyone except my guy and his four year old daughter headed out. He stayed to switch out the videos. While he was bent over, his daughter decided to try out one of the moves and jumped onto his back - hit the perfect angle - knocked him out, whacked his spine nicely, he was on the floor about an hour before any adults came back into the room. He'd been on benefits for 4 years when I first met him. Got driven around on the floor of the family van, as he couldn't sit for more than about 20 minutes at a time.

Kids scare me Shocked
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 03:21 pm
Ehbeth, if you haven't already seen it, I suggest you rent the movie "Children of the Corn."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 03:29 pm
do I get a chainsaw?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:48 pm
Combat hardened 5 year olds are a scary thought. I can understand what ehBeth was talking about because I play wrestle/fight with my 5 year old grandson and he sometimes gets me good. A good kick to the head is not beyond him and he knows exactly how to slam his full weight onto your back (or the front), he is not particularly caring about how he maims as long as he has the opportunity.

How am I gonna knock a 5 year old unconcious when I can't even catch the little bugger. I, for one, would just throw the towel onto the court and go for a cold beer.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 05:40 pm
And then you'll get to hear what the parents'll tell ya after you knocked their kid out...

Just say NO to fights with 5yr-olds!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 05:53 pm
I think twenty would be a bare minimum, unless they got lucky. But any adult in okay shape COULD easily take out twenty. A healthy, or buff adult could approach one hundred.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:54 pm
Then I could take out 150.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 06:58 pm
Read my sig.-line...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:04 pm
Here's McGentrix's thread on the same subject.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 08:52 pm
Interestin' - almost 9000 googlehits - the question seems to have somethin' of a followin' Laughing

http://img57.echo.cx/img57/7184/kidsfight0sd.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I don't normally go to other forums but...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 03:21:00