Is scoliosis my fault? Did I worsen it?

priest3

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 07:55 am
Hello, I want to know if my scoliosis is my fault. I had underweight for a year or so at 17 or 18 years I don't remember exactly when but I was weighing 55 kg and I'm male with 1.82 meters of height. Maybe I was also sitting incorrectly in school or at home in front of the pc for many hours.

Then at 19 years of age we found a 20° S curve scoliosis. Note that at 20 years my weight was and is still very normal again. I had the underweight previously because of mental health problems. School was giving me anxiety and psychosis.

And now I'm here wanting to do strength workout and I can do it.. but I always think about my scoliosis and how I think it is my fault and this makes me very unmotivated and I can't give it my best anymore. If at least I knew 100% that scoliosis is not my fault then I wouldn't care about it.

I just wanted to become strong with muscles and I still can since it's only 20°. But scoliosis destroyed my perfect body dream and it looks a bit weird or off in the mirror, one hip more prominent, if you know what I mean. It has made me unsecure and body conscious.

I asked my doctors and they said since it's an idiopathic scoliosis they do not know the causes and if it was my fault. So I'm asking you.

Do you think my underweight with 55 kg for more than a year somewhere between 16 and 19 years caused or worsened my scoliosis? Maybe I only had 5° and through my underweight or poor nutrition and poor sitting positions it worsened to 20°? Is this possible?

Could my scoliosis have been entirely prevented? Is scoliosis my fault? So did I worsen it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 112 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is scoliosis my fault? Did I worsen it?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:09:25