Help Me Spend My Money!!!!!

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 12:19 pm
I opened my checking account balance online (three days ago) to find a $20,837 deposit! Now, I don't typically get $20,837 deposits. I thought this was a bit unusual. It is an error. I called the bank. They can't figure out where this money came from, or why I have it. I just keep looking at it and thinking about what I would buy with all of that money. A new car? Naww...just got one of those last summer. Pay off my student loans? Naww....that sounds boring. I want to do something fun! I need a new pair of tennis shoes. I think I'll get those...but I will still have roughly $20, 750 left.

Do you need anything? I'm pretty new here...I need friends. Very Happy Very Happy What could I buy you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 680 • Replies: 8
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 12:51 pm
You buy $85 tennis shoes?
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 12:54 pm
well....ummm....errr....yeah?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 12:58 pm
Did you really get a $20K deposit in error? It'll come back to bite you if you spend it.

Invest it, then you'll be able to keep your returns when you have to pay it back.

Or buy 20,000 $.99 burgers at Wendys.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 01:13 pm
The bank will eventually find it. They audit themselves pretty frequently. It is just a matter of time.

But wouldn't it be nice?

Check this story out...maybe you will be inspired to try and pull some crap!

Bank Error in My Favor!
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 01:24 pm
I read about the 95K. One of my friends pointed me in that direction after realizing I was 20K richer. Wow!! Shocked

No worries all...I'm not going to jail over this one. Someone will find it...I will not spend it...but it sure is fun to think about!! If it were several million, I would have that money outta the bank...and be off to another country sooooooo fast!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 01:36 pm
A friend of mine (who was quite wealthy on his own) once had several 10's of millions transferred in error into his account. The only reason he found out about it was because the IRS sent him a nastygram asking why he wasn't reporting all of his interest income. **** happens.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 02:12 pm
Hotsauce, some people mistakenly think that if cash is put into their account that they can keep it, trust me you can't, if you spend it you will have to pay it back or go to jail.

Tell the bank to get their finger out of their ass and send it back where it belongs.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 02:16 pm
give $500 to as many a2k members that want to come to a reunion somewhere sunny
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Help Me Spend My Money!!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:19:59