help with signing up for medicare A

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:09 pm
I have just turned 65 I want to sign up for medicare like I am suppose to at 65. I will continue to work until 66. How do I sign up just for part A not B?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 176 • Replies: 1
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2019 07:31 pm
Make sure that you are actually supposed to delay Part B coverage.

http://www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insurance/info-03-2011/ask-ms-medicare-question-94.html

Presuming that you know for sure that you are supposed to defer enrollment in Part B, here is a quote from the link:

You can sign up for Part A during your initial Medicare enrollment period, which runs for seven months, starting three months before the month of your 65th birthday and ending three months after that month. Just call Social Security, which handles Medicare enrollment, at 1-800-772-1213 and schedule an appointment for an interview, which can be done on the phone or at your local Social Security office. This interview gives you the opportunity to make sure that an official enters into your record the fact that you have declined Part B because you have health insurance through the current employment of you or your spouse. You may be required to provide documents showing you have this coverage.

You should also find out at which point you need to sign up for Part D prescription drug coverage.

Also at which point you need to choose and sign up for a Medigap plan.

You don't want to miss your open enrollment period for any of those programs.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » help with signing up for medicare A
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 12:11:39