Strange Superstitions

oldandknew

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 09:18 am
Roberta === It's very easy to count how many ciggies you have left when they are in a Flip Top Pack> Flip the top and all is revealed.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 12:11 pm
I'm not sure about the singing, but it wasn't considered ladylike for girls to whistle... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 02:00 pm
Hi all,
I don't have specifics on that superstition, the one about seeing your relatives, etc.--My mum just mentioned it to me recently.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 04:09 pm
<it is so hard for me not to sing or whistle>
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 11:35 am
My father used to chastise me for whistling, saying that it wasn't ladylike. He's from the South also. Mississippi.
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 12:40 pm
I have my own superstitions:

Every time I see the moon, I tell him hello. I tend to keep nightmares away that way.

I do the Wish on the first evening star.

If I have to drive at night, I say hello to Orion. My family has always "claimed" the middle "star" in Orion's belt. That "star" is actually the Horsehead Nebula.

I try to never turn by back to the wind. You never know what kind of ill its bringing so I like to face it head on, and I can see whats comming.

Of course the usual ones... the crack or you break your mothers back... The salt on the table.. black cats... Owls outside your bedroom window at night.. ladders...

I mean is it worth it to defy it if it even has a small grain of truth?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 01:21:58