Best Flat Iron

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 06:29 am
I am looking for a flat iron that will work for myself and my daughter. I have looked at a lot of reviews on flat irons and see so many mixed reviews on them, I don't know which would be the best to get.
I have a short bob that is very thick, slightly wavy, really coarse, dry and frizzy and my daughter has very long, somewhat thick frizzy hair that gets oily.
I have looked at different types of flat irons, and it seems like a 100% ceramic tourmaline coated flat iron with negative ions (and possibly infared technology) would be best.
I would like one that straightens quickly, doesn't snag or damage our hair and leaves hair silky and shiny.
I am not looking to spend a lot, so I would like one that is under $60(maybe on sale). I also don't know if I should get one with a 1", 1 1/4, 1 1/2 or 2" plate.
Any suggestions for the best one in my price range? Thanks!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 528 • Replies: 10
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 07:39 pm
@Kathy642,
I think you might be describing something like a curling iron. In my experience, a flat iron is used for ironing clothes. Maybe you should ask again, with a new title.
cherrie

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 09:18 pm
@roger,
I think she is talking about a hair straightener.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 09:35 pm
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

I think she is talking about a hair straightener.

No. I think she's looking for a snow globe with the Flat Iron Building here in NYC.

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5262/5687110588_a9894d52e8_b.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 10:53 pm
@cherrie,
Oh, my! That's the total opposite of a curling iron, isn't it?
cherrie

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 12:39 am
@roger,
Certainly is.
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 04:36 am
@cherrie,
Flat iron is one of the most flavorful cuts of beef. Its also called a Butler Steak. Its best when marinated and then grilled medium rare. Its a top chuck cut from the high part of the neck where its a "soft twitch" muscle so its a lot tenderer than many of the lower priced cuts.
erve it topped with asauteed mushroom and onion medley. The shroom and onions should be cooked low an long to impart maximum flavor and browning.
Do your hair later.
roger

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 04:47 am
@farmerman,
Yeah!

Personally, I think she didn't have to be so quick to agree with me!
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 05:00 am
@roger,

it was like two hours later...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 09:58 am
@Kathy642,
Im a bit unclear as to which appliance you are needing. There IS a small iron that is called a flat-iron. I'm out of my depth here, so I suggest using Google for your search. This is what I have found, which may or may not be relevant:

Remington 4-in-1 Ceramic MultiStyler, Straightener or Flat Iron.

You may want to look that up using Google.

My lady here at home uses a srtraightening iron that is called by the brand name Proliss. It has an LED that shows when it's up to proper temperature. Works great for her; however, as I wrote earlier, this is for straightening. I'm not sure if it also curls too. I think you need one that does misting, too. In that case, you may want the Remington I mentioned prior.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 10:43 am
They look like this: https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_d1e067c6-c5b5-48e8-a9dc-d5f849704cad?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=webp

Get a ceramic one; they heat up faster
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Best Flat Iron
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 05:24:12