We built this city on sausage Rolls

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2018 03:45 pm
Tipped to be NO1 in the UK this Christmas.

All proceeds going to charity, so fair play.

I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it and i don't think i will.
Once heard it cannot be unheard.
Do you dare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEB8bfP7wE
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 718 • Replies: 13
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2018 04:01 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
They made that song actually listenable (which isn't saying too much) given We Built This City is the worst Starship's most obnoxious song.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2018 04:04 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
At least it's for a good cause. As far as I know, when Starship (formerly Jefferson Starship, formerly before that Jefferson Airplane) shoved We Built This City onto the radio listeners, they didn't have that.

Detested the Starship song.

Same tune actually sounds better here and with sausage. Apparently, sausages like chocolate makes things better.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2018 05:17 pm
I like it.
George

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2018 05:20 pm
@George,
Never had a sausage roll, though.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2018 05:20 pm
@George,
Not sure that I've had either.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2018 05:21 pm
@George,
Pepperoni rolls are very big in West Virginia.
George

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2018 05:22 pm
@George,
True fact.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2018 06:44 pm
I can't think of anything sillier than putting new lyrics to old songs.

https://img.taste.com.au/_1PpUELr/w720-h480-cfill-q80/taste/2016/11/best-ever-homemade-sausage-rolls-98809-1.jpeg

Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
Thaw puff pastry. Meanwhile, combine milk and egg in a small jug. ...
Lay a sheet of pastry on a flat surface. ...
Roll up pastry to enclose filling, finishing seam side down. ...
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.

It's a long way to the shop if you wanna sausage roll. Acca Dacca.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 05:45 am
@George,
I think you might call them pigs in blankets. This is what we call pigs in blankets, sausages wrapped in bacon.

http://cdn.recipes100.com/v/f09ee62a006e222b8d9d1cc2e8cc4dd2.jpg

I heard the song on the news last night.

Btw I'll be making sausage rolls and cheese straws Christmas Eve.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 06:09 am
@George,
You can get good sausage rolls in the coffee shops here--but you have to turn off the physician in your head that warns you about fat and starch. I love 'em.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 06:12 am
That Starship song was incredibly stupid for another reason--San Francisco, of course, has been around a lot longer than rock and roll, but even ignoring that, SF is not a big music town. Stupid ****. I once went to a Starship concert because Command Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen were the opening act. I left before Starship came on.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 06:51 am
@George,
I thought you'd like it alright George, headcase. Smile
Never had a sausage roll eh, you're better off. The mass produced ones you get over here are gross, they look like dog food wrapped in pastry, ugh.

Have to say Izzy's looked scrumptious.

I had to listen to it following what ye said and it was ok. Wacky but not to tacky and as Sturgis said at least it's for a good cause.

Surprised at how much you all detest the original.
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2018 04:20 am
@eurocelticyankee,
my mother's black nutrition denying heart would insist that we eat special "pigs in blankets" in which a sweet hickory smoked bacon strip or two would be wrapped over kabanosy.
Imagine a thin kielbasi covered with bacon and oven baked till all the flavors are meld together.

"Sausage rolls" were just a party finger food that gave you permission to get hammered.Usually, they were these stinking little beef hot dog teeny links covered with Pillsbury pastry dough. (Im sure EU countries had versions that were edible but here in the US a dog would only eat a sausage Roll if there were a can o beer poured into his water dish.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » We built this city on sausage Rolls
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:39:40