http://www.boston.com/news/daily/05/bus_explosion.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,212 • Replies: 8
No top replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 07:35 am
More updates on the Jerusalem Post website.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 12:30 pm
I prefer Ha'aretz

Israel's struggle for security since the second intifada
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 01:18 pm
Well, no security system is flawless. Many of the terror attacks were prevented, and success of this particular one means an occasional failure of the IDF and General Security. It is very unpleasant, but such things happen. I guess, such things are probable to happen until Sheik Ahmad Yassin and Abed el-Aziz Rantissi are still alive and at large.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 01:29 pm
This latest bombing is tragic.

Here's my question: Is it really likely that rounding up certain key figures will curtail terrorist attacks? To say yes, I think, suggests that terrorist groups are simply criminal gangs; arrest Al Capone or shoot Jesse James, and chances are everyone will drift away from the group.

But I suspect latter-day terrorists are a bit different. They have issues, or so it would seem. Any thoughts?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 02:06 pm
Technically, the terror groups leaders are subcontractors that cater for influential Arab regimes that want to get rid of Israel without being directly involved in terror activities.
For example, Arafat's PLO was created in 1964 by Egyptian president Nasser (by that time, both West Bank and Gaza Strip did not belong to Israel, the first being occupied by Jordan, and the second by Egypt; but the first terror attack of PLO that occurred on 01.01.65 was not pinpointed against those that occupied the Palestinian lands, Israel was attacked instead). These subcontractors possess some interesting information on their employers in Syria, Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia that may be revealed if they are arrested.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 04:13 pm
Nobody is born as a terrorist. People with no future are more likely to blow up themselves. When you see that pregnant women and elderly are killed without any reason (The only reason they now are dead is because they were Palestinians) your readyness for dying for your 'country', your people is also bigger.

The so called measures for peace of the Sharon Govt will only lead to more death and terror. They started this vicious circle and only they can stop it. Give back the stolen land and stop the deadly incursions.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 02:51 am
Israeli troops, backed by tanks and helicopters, advanced into a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip overnight, in an operation that is reported to have left at least 11 Palestinians dead and 100 and more injured.

No doubt this raid came in retaliation for the Haifa Bus Blast. IMO there is no difference between the Palestinian armed groups and the IDF. They both kill at will and make no difference at all between civilians and soldiers(or freedomfighters).

Mr Bush better refocus his attention and he better helps Palestinians and Israelis to break this vicious cycle by resuming a meaningful peace process that will end the Israeli occupation.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 06:15 am
I think President Bush should concentrate on the affairs of the USA and let the other countries sort out their problems.
0 Replies