Complaining About Inefficiencies

SCoates

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 02:55 pm
In the Russian alphabet there is no letter "Y." Instead they got the bright idea to repeat every vowel, with a "Y" sound at teh beginning. It would be the equvalent in english if we got rid of the letter "Y," and instead had ten vowels: A, E, I, O, U, YA, YE, YI, YO, and YU.

Something that seems terribly inefficient to me is crosswalks. I think pedestrians should have to wait until there are no cars. If the street is too busy for that, there are bound to be stop signs or traffic lights (where crosswalks are appropriate). I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I have seen (too many times) one person hold back a dozen or more cars as they mosey across the street with their nose in the air. Why should one person have priority over a dozen? It's really inconsiderate, and to be fair, when I am a pedestrian I try not to hinder any vehicles (except maybe trucks), and if I have to I certainly don't take my time doing it.

What are some things that you find inefficient, or just plain bug you, even though they probably shouldn't.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 370 • Replies: 3
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 03:01 pm
I saw a crosswalk today with a ped crossing light that had to be a very big waste of money. It was at a side street to a two lane road with a gas station to the right and a residence to the left and no sidewalk anywhere in sight. Where do they think people will come from to enter the crosswalk, and where would they go after they crossed the street? There wasn't even a bank of grass that you could conceive of folks walking on. It would be like sticking a bridge in the middle of a corn field.

My pet peeve about pedestrian crossings is when you have to push a stupid button and wait for the walk signal. You should automatically get the signal when cars going your same direction have the green. How hard is that?
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 03:19 pm
That little pocket inside the right pocket of my jeans.
I mean, what the heck fits in there anyway?
And what about the breast pocket on a suit jacket?
The only thing you ever see in there is a display hanky.
And that buttonhole on the lapel -- why?
And pants with cuffs...
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 03:31 pm
I think all that stuff is for handicapped people. Kind of liek that extra large stall.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Complaining About Inefficiencies
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:41:35