Emotional Affair

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 12:10 pm
Seeking some non-judgmental advice.
About me :
Married 30 years, I tuned 50 this year, have 3 kids. I married young, before marriage I was a little uninhibited, I dated a lot and had meaningless sex. After marriage I was committed to our marriage however had one mistake 3 years into the marriage. I had a short two-week affair with a person from my past. I considered it unfinished businesses. I felt terrible, I promised to get my life together and work on being a better person. For 27 years I put my life on straight and narrow. Worked hard completed two degrees, love my wife and kids.
Fast forward to now Age has never bothered me but turning 50 was different. I feel old, vulnerable, etc. all the BS of what I consider a midlife crisis. That said I sparked a friendship with a young lady at work.
About her:
She is 28, 3 kids, professional, nice, understanding, open-minded.
We started a friendship, we flirt in person and in text messages, she knows I am married. LET me be clear nothing has happened. NO sex, NO kissing, NO touching, it is more of an emotional affair.
Problem:
Before it got out of hand and anything happened, I told my wife and told my friend that this was unappropriated and that we need to stop. However, the truth is I do not want to stop I like the attention, I like the flirting, I am not sure I can follow through to a physical affair but the teasing, flirting make me feels alive make me feel wanted, make me feel like I still got it.
I love my wife I do not want to end in a divorce but I also do not want to stop. Any advice on how to move on.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 412 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ponderer

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 12:36 pm
@mlopez60120,
You're a good husband.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 04:10 pm
Do you think this is at all fair to your “friend”?

You don’t say if she is married or not, but I bet a 29 year old woman with 3 kids is looking for a man who can give her a full relationship. You cannot do this.

So stop using this woman to boost your sagging self esteem. Get some counseling to find out what to do with the second half of your life.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 04:33 pm
@mlopez60120,
Stop flirting with her. Try flirting and reigniting the passion with your wife. She would likely appreciate it, as she too has aged 30 years since marriage. You love your wife, prove it to her, not this anonymous internet board.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2018 09:25 pm
does miss 28 understand your feelings for remaining married to your present squeeze and planned abstinence from physical sex with her? at 28 with three breeds it would seem her goals and yours should be different. how did your wife react to your confession? if you rekindle affair chances of remaining married should be slim. why are you abstaining from porking miss 28? physical or emotional based problems ? obviously she is not a virgin so would be willing. you are a rare guy to avoid the opportunity to mount your AP. very interesting phenomenon.
0 Replies

mlopez60120

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 08:55 am
This is to answer all question to this point.

This is not fair to my friend, however this is her choice not something I am forcing her to do. I have explained I am not leaving my wife, I cannot offer her a future, she continues to be OK and she initiates the flirting. She is not married, she was married bad relationship. She was abused, mentally, physically, etc. The 28 year old is aware I do not want to divorce she knows I love my wife and kids. I am not looking to start over or to be anyone step daddy or anyone sugar daddy.

She is independent has her own home, car, career, she is outgoing and is free spirited. She has made it clear that she is not looking for a relationship she is not looking for a young guy that wants to call, text and demands her attention. She has not time to dedicate to a formal relationship. I asked her what she wants with a guy that cannot offer her a long term relationship. She indicated she does not want a relationship, she wants someone to talk to , someone to listen, someone to let off steam (sex) without worrying about one night stand, STD or a man calling, texting and wanting time that she cannot afford at this time. Her time is for her children, parents, career.

My wife and I have a good relationship we communicate, we joke, laugh and have a great sex life. This is not really about my wife. I am struggling with this because I think it is a 50 year old midlife crisis. I am in counseling, trying to work this out. You are correct this is a great self-esteem ego boost I cannot explain it but it feels good.

As I indicated I told my wife I am accepting of punishment for my actions and I am up for whatever challenge I need to make to get back in the straight and narrow. When I told my wife she is hurt, confused but thankful I told her and that nothing like SEX has not happened. I told her I will do whatever it takes to fix things if she wants I will look for another job, I will ask for a transfer or we can move. She said NO to all of my suggestions. She says it could happen with anyone or at any job. She is trying to figure out what she wants asked me to stop.

I am holding back from physical (sex) because I feel once I do that it will be harder to recover from that. I do not want sex to take over emotions or cloud judgment more than it is. Believe me I want to have sex with her but I am worried that it will screw things up more.

As I indicated I love my wife I do not want to end in a divorce but I also do not want to stop.

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 10:44 pm
@mlopez60120,
Please know that this gal has mastered the art of seduction - as a Siren. (Look it up)

She says she wants nothing from a relationship, but don’t bet on it. Eventually, it will be money.

You probably aren’t her first seduction.

Please be careful. There’s no fool like an old fool.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Emotional Affair
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:35:39