Electrical Panel--Range & Micro Out

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 03:48 pm
Plugged in a tiny heater last night in my living room by easy chair. Used 3 pronged extension cord from the wall. After an hour my TV just went off.
I unplugged the heater.
Discovered this am no micro, range, or TV. The kitchen wall with range and micro is connected to living room wall where TV plugged in and the outlet I used to plug in the small heater.
This morning at electrical panel I flipped all switches including one marked RANGE. None of them were tripped. I didn't touch one labeled MAIN.

Still no power for Micro/Range/TV/outlet in Living Room. The rest of the kitchen outlets are working fine. Just death to the micro/range/TV.

What has happened? Can it be fixed by switching something? If you have electrical everywhere else why not on the areas mentioned?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 298 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Fluffycheetah

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 03:56 pm
@Fluffycheetah,
Sorry....All....I thought this was strictly "home repair" forum...which is what I googled. Will try to get this question to the right section!

engineer

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 03:59 pm
@Fluffycheetah,
If you are connected to your kitchen, you might have tripped your ground fault circuit (GFI). Look for your GFI in your kitchen and try to reset it. Less likely, you might have a faulty breaker.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 04:07 pm
@Fluffycheetah,
Quote:
Will try to get this question to the right section!
you can do this by clicking the green Add Tags button at the top of this page --

http://i68.tinypic.com/23w1pqe.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 04:19 pm
If it isn't a GFI, you are dealing with more than one breaker. Are you certain that all the breakers you tripped off reset when you tripped them on.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 04:44 pm
I hope you will return to the thread. We are interested to know how the problem gets resolved. Plus, engineer is a whiz at this stuff.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Electrical Panel--Range & Micro Out
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/11/2024 at 08:20:27