How would you act if you were a massive giant to tiny intelligent lifeforms?

Thrylix

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 01:06 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Relax; I'm half kidding. Well, except for the part about ejaculating. I'd actually like that.

Anyway, if they are equal in intelligence and all other things except being extremely puny, I don't see how they aren't inferior.

I wouldn't necessarily desire slaves as much as I'd want to establish dominance. I'd want them to live in terror and constantly be afraid that I'll step on them every time they hear thundering, ground-shaking footsteps approaching their cities. How could anyone not enjoy that?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2019 11:52 am
@Thrylix,
Thrylix wrote:

Anyway, if they are equal in intelligence and all other things except being extremely puny, I don't see how they aren't inferior.

Because:

a) You refuse to give up on advancing a "half-serious" notion that you feel is blunt and provocative and therefore, in some way, a positive reflection on your character.

b) You have juvenile specifications for the value of a living being and believe physical size is an accurate indicator of relative value: Colossal is superior. Puny is inferior.

c) You wanted to see if you could bait me into another response after I wrote that I was done.

My bet is some combination of "a" and "c."

I really don't believe you are motivated by "b," but maybe I'm being too generous. If we both are, then allow me to point out a fact that should have been taught to you as a young child when, like many young boys, you were nuts for dinosaurs. The incredibly large dinosaurs that kids most like/fear/admire were, in physical size and strength, far superior to the puny proto-mammals that scurried about under the detritus of Cretacious forests. However, look around you.

Today there are no dinosaurs, and even if you consider birds to be their modern representatives, there are no large and powerful dinosaurs like

Huabeisaurus

http://images.dinosaurpictures.org/huabeisaurus-size_2070.jpg

or

Daspletosaurus

http://images.dinosaurpictures.org/daspletosaurus_torosus_by_teratophoneus-d6qgdif_a394.jpg

Whereas the puny, inferior proto-mammals eventually evolved into such species as lions, elephants, whales, and humans and now cover the face of the globe. Which family of creatures living during the Cretacious Period were superior and which were inferior?

I strongly suspect I don't really need to point this out, but if I do, consider this a "teaching moment." Cool

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 06:52:35