Even though I try I still fail...

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 09:01 pm
I have played basketball for 8 years. I thought I was a decent to great player until today... I practised so hard for 3 hours (because at our game when we were almost even my coach put in the best players and I wasn't one of them) and was doing REALLY well, swishes, layups, and drills all done perfectly. I felt on top of the world. But when I got to practice I did SO bad. I couldn't make a shot. What really made me fell bad is that this girl that is new JUST THIS YEAR did better than me. I felt like a failure. I missed shot after shot WHILE THE COACH WAS WATCHING. The only time I did good was when no one was looking. I wanted to cry but held it in until I broke down in the car, tears rolling like a waterfall. My team always thinks of me as a meh player. A few years ago I was the one who was put in when the game was close. I just feel like no matter how hard I try I will still trip up and make a fool of myself. Please don't tell me just to practise more, I have already tried that millions of times. PLEASE HELP ME.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 316 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 09:22 pm
@Spumoni4,
I think you've got performance anxiety.

So let me suggest something different -- doing something else in front of people. As in, drama club, or public speaking, something like that. Get in front of people more, so that it won't feel quite so hard when you have to do it for basketball.

And hang in there. Growing up ain't easy.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 11:04 pm
you are sensitive to your environment so do well alone but bomb out when watched. you need to block others out when performing in public by pretending to be alone
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Even though I try I still fail...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:25:34