Not Everybody dies

SCoates

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:04 pm
I've been doing a little research, and the estimated range of people who have ever lived on earth seems to be about 100 billion, to thirty billion, which I think adequately represents possible extremes.

Anyway, the point is, there are 6 billion people alive today, which means only about 80-95% of people actually die.

Somewhere between 5% and 15% of all of the people from the beginning of history, for some reason or another have not died!

When I was a kid I just assumed everone dies, but that's not true.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 738 • Replies: 12
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:05 pm
VAMPIRES!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:14 pm
for a number of years i had decided i wasn't going to die, but now i'm not so sure

there's a lot of cool stuff i'd like to see, but living forever seems like it could be a pain in the ass
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:17 pm
We all fall into the five percent lucky enough to not have died, and I still feel like I've got quite a lot of life left in me, so I wouldn't be surprised if I make it forever.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:43 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:44 pm
SCoates wrote:
We all fall into the five percent lucky enough to not have died, and I still feel like I've got quite a lot of life left in me, so I wouldn't be surprised if I make it forever.

Holy crackers Scoates, you said alot...what ever it is you said. I guess it's important to know where people are at.
Let's start a "How is Life Treating You?" list. Just so you'll know if someone is comming or going.
When asking a person, "How's it goin'?" and you hear one of the following statements, you can bet your last buck something's up!

1. Officially dead.
2. One foot on a banana peel.
3. I could have died!
4. How's life? Taking forever!
5. I feel like I'm dying.
6. I'm not myself.
7. Couldn't be better.
8. Thing's are looking up.
9. Looking good!
10. I feel so alive!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 05:18 pm
Re: Not Everybody dies
SCoates wrote:
I've been doing a little research, and the estimated range of people who have ever lived on earth seems to be about 100 billion, to thirty billion, which I think adequately represents possible extremes.

Anyway, the point is, there are 6 billion people alive today, which means only about 80-95% of people actually die.

Somewhere between 5% and 15% of all of the people from the beginning of history, for some reason or another have not died!

When I was a kid I just assumed everone dies, but that's not true.

AAAH! But did your figures include the 54.3 million Buddhists who have died an average of 22.5 times each? This could affect your conclusion.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 05:21 pm
When I was a kid I was determined to shoot myself before I turn fifty. In other words, before I turn unbearably old. Now I'm not so sure... I better become one of dem Budhists.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 11:16 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
When I was a kid I was determined to shoot myself before I turn fifty. In other words, before I turn unbearably old.

Wow, that must have been quite a burden to bear as a child! I couldn't imagine thinking that, even in jest. That's such a terrible way to go. Life can be tough at times, but wait a day or two, it's amazing how one's outlook in life can change again.

When I was young, 50 seemed like a lifetime away, but here I am now within that decade. Things don't look so bad. It's all relative, I think.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 12:39 am
I plan on making it to 600, and then die. ( I might have to fiddle with the number system though)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 01:04 am
Know whatcha mean, Dag. I used to think 50 was incredibly old. Not it sounds delightfully youthful.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 08:17 am
Death sucks.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 08:24 am
I'm going to live forever or die trying.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Not Everybody dies
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/28/2024 at 09:15:42