Why is deleted account/friend still showing up on my chat list?

rsbe

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:25 pm
A couple of months ago, a facebook friend deleted her account due to the current issues surrounding fb. And, as you would expect, her name/photo are completely gone from my friends page. But here's the thing: her name/profile photo are still on my chat list appearing on the right side of my fb page. And every so often, her green light/dot appears which, as we know, indicates that someone is logged on to fb using that account. How can that be?

She says that she doesn't have a fb account any longer. But even if she lied to me and just un-friended me why would her name, photo and, most importantly, her green light still appear on the chat list? As I said, she is totally gone from my friends page.

She thinks it might be a phony page using her name which was created many months before she cancelled her real account. But, as happens with these hacked/phony pages, I received a friend request and immediately deleted it. Since I am not a 'friend' on this phony/hacked page I do not receive any posts from it (if there are any), receive no notifications from it, nor does it appear on my friends page. It is, like any of the other billion people who I am not friends with, non-existent to my fb page. It seems pretty clear to me that the phony page didn't somehow 'step into the shoes' of the real account when the real account was cancelled.

Can someone please provide an explanation how this can happen because I'm at a loss for one? I don't think my friend would lie to me and say that she cancelled her account when she didn't, instead just un-friending me. But even if she did that, her name/photo/green light should not appear on my chat list. I'm at a loss for any explanation. Help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 501 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2018 02:34 pm
@rsbe,
go into the chat list and delete all history with this person

__

it might clear this up

__

in either case, it doesn't matter

maybe she unfriended you on fb- is she still your real life friend? that is what matters
0 Replies

Kiral

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 05:48 am
I also think that deleting chat history may help
0 Replies

rsbe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 09:53 am
Thanks for the tip on deleting my chat history. Much appreciated. But it's not really the presence of the name/photo on my chat list that is baffling me. It's how can the green dot appear next to that name/photo when the account it's attached to has been cancelled and no longer exists. If there is no longer any fb account because it's been closed out and deleted, then no one should be using it to log in, right? Is there any other explanation other than the person didn't actually cancel the account?

Thanks for any further help with this.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 10:03 am
@rsbe,
rsbe wrote:
Is there any other explanation other than the person didn't actually cancel the account?

FB is glitchy at the very best of times.

Is the person still a friend in real life?
rsbe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 11:43 am
@ehBeth,
yes. but just very curious as to how this can happen if account was cancelled. more about fb at this point.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why is deleted account/friend still showing up on my chat list?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 04:31:07