I need advice 😭

Liaaa

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:19 am
I only started secondary school(aka highschool) in september. Im in a high class, and dont understand science at all. My teacher doesnt explain stuff very well and is rude to everyone. Whenever i say i dont understand, she yells and says that i wasnt listening. But if i want to move to a different science class, then i have to move down in every class. I have trouble in Irish too, but i like my cspe class and my friends so i dont know what to do i dont understand in class or my homework so im crying/panicking over it. Can someone give me advice on what to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 396 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fresco

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 02:17 am
@Liaaa,
As a relatively new student you are likely to have been assigned to a member of staff with epecial responsibily for sorting out such problems...e.g. your class teacher or tutor. If in doubt go to your Head of Year and ask. Unfortunately, there is a shortage of science teachers and the quality varies.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 09:00 am
@Liaaa,
A tutor - as fresco says - either someone recommended by your teacher or a friend or someone in your class who you can tell is doing well. And go to your teacher after school one day (assuming you have transportation home) and explain - calmly, nicely, that you are having problems in class and you are concerned about your grade, and would like a tutor. Who would she recommend?

I say to do this because you will not be getting your teacher in the middle of class when she may be stressed - hence the rudeness. And any teacher who cares about whether their students succeed will respond positively to a student who asks for help and has a good idea of how to get it.

My other suggestion to you is to read. Read a lot more than you think you need to.

True story: I had a ton of trouble in chemistry in high school. My father, an engineer, told me to read the school book from cover to cover. Never mind if we were up to a particular chapter or if we were going to ever cover it. Just, read it.

Now, it's over 40 years later, and I can say with absolute certainty that I don't remember chemistry, and I didn't use it after I graduated college, but I passed. And reading the book helped A LOT.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 09:53 am
@Liaaa,
Hi I think jespah have given some good advice. One other item - not sure what your school's situation is like, but my daughter's high school has guidance counselors and even an "adjustments" counselor. If you have any sort of resource like that - they can be invaluable if you are having difficulties like this.

They can help you get a tutor as jespah noted, they could help you learn study skills, deal with stress and they can help you adjust to a new school situation.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I need advice 😭
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:39:10