A Thread Concerning Knee Pain

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 01:51 pm
I hope my link will not be removed, as this is no ad, but instead a spreading of information about a treatment I just learned of.
https://iovera.com/patients/
My wife will receive this one week before she has a second knee surgery. (There will be no third)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 674 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 02:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Interesting.

Never would have thought cold could be used to delete pain. In most circumstances cold seems to hurt me.

Best wishes to your wife upon her surgery, hope all goes well.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 02:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
That’s very interesting. I often use ice compresses on the back of my neck and temples when I have migraines. Of course that’s just topical, but it still helps quite a bit.
dlowan

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 01:00 am
@glitterbag,
This destroys a section of the nerve so it cannot transmit pain signals for a time.

I had it done via a different method for my neck a few years ago.

It doesn’t try to use cold to make the pain better, the cold is used to affect the nerve.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 08:49 am
I hope it works. Knee pain sucks. Mine seems to go on/off. Definitely better since I lost 50 lbs. That has been huge (no pun intended). My doc told me every pound is like 3 pounds on your knees, and I believe her. RP and I go walking now whenever the weather is good and there are hills around our house. That helps a lot, too, just to stretch it out and keep on challenging it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 09:44 am
My wife lost lots of weight, too. But the damage was already done to her knees.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2018 07:51 pm
Spent five hours at the hospital. The pain medicine was injected in numerous spots. She says she is pain free in that area for the first time in a long time. The surgery will take place on Monday.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2019 10:15 pm
My wife had the surgery on schedule. She uses her walker or leaves it behind, about 50/50, already. The knee nerve block has been very helpful. Tuesday the doc will remove the staples.
0 Replies