How does the full moon affect you?

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:15 pm
Hey, it's a full moon tonight. Do you think it affects you in anyway?

I don't usually feel any different, but sometimes I do things that I wouldn't normally do when there is a full moon. Like for instance, tonight, I was walking home, and I noticed the full moon. While I was looking at it, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking, and I walked right into a parking meter. Hurt like hell.

That would never happen any other time. It's freaky how the full moon affects people, huh.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 786 • Replies: 19
No top replies

eoe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:19 pm
My advertising partner and I got into a row this morning. We do this from time to time and it never occurred to me before but I caught a peek at the full moon about an hour or so ago and began to wonder...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:21 pm
AHA! It's because we're made of 2/3 water, ya know...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:24 pm
I can't sleep when there's a full moon.
Maybe because I'm a moon sign ......
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:29 pm
I don't have any control over the fangs that seem to grow out of my mouth.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:31 pm
Now that could be a problem. You might want to see a dentist about that.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:46 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I don't have any control over the fangs that seem to grow out of my mouth.

Me too, c.i. And it's disturbing to have the index fingers start growing to the same length as the middle fingers and the whole bit of suddenly getting so hairy is upsetting to a lot of people around me. But it's only once a month.

Woooohooooooo!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:33 pm
i noticed the full moon too when i was walking home. but then again, i always do, cause i'm one of dem wimmins. it does things to us. i shall not sleep tonight at all. just howl at the moon. well, after i drive a friend to the aiport. then i'll howl.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 12:52 am
I have weird dreams
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 07:27 am
It triggers my period.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 08:42 am
I get twitchy and depressed.

I don't care what Craven says - ably supported by science - it makes me go weird.

And I see weirdnesses around me - right here.

Been a lot of aggro here.....

Hey - we could do a bit of research!

Develop a set of criteria for highly conflictual/emotional posts - and count a representative random sample for full moons - and non-full moon times!

If we had the time...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 10:52 am
Maybe we could if we weren't all aggro.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:16 am
I get wild dreams too. I also tend to have my period. Back in the days when people were nomadic travellers, and spent most of their time outdoors, all the women got their periods at the same time - hence, the Red Tent.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 12:48 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
I can't sleep when there's a full moon.
Maybe because I'm a moon sign ......

I couldn't sleep last night... but I never thought it was the full moon... hmmm.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:14 pm
I couldn't sleep either, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of the full moon.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:28 pm
I have a theory that the werewolf legend is based on the physical transformation that prepubescent girls experience. Girls undergo a radical metamorphosis into womanhood that—like werewolves—includes profuse body hair and a drastic change in bone structure.

If the girl's metamorphosis is sped up and the complete transformation takes place in only 5 or 10 minutes rather that several years, the effect would be something not unlike the monthly werewolf occurence. In both cases a decidedly violent change in mood may occur once a month acompanied by the drawing of blood in sync with the cycle of the moon.

Is it a coincidence that these monthly changes occur in harmony with the moon's cycle, or is there some evolutionary connection?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:47 pm
If You see him round your back door

Better not let him in

Little ole lady got mutilated late last night

Looks like the Werewolves of London again
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:49 pm
awooo!
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:42 pm
I howl at it. Seriously i do: it's one of my weird compulsions like wearing a watch and my haemetite ring 24-7 or synchronising the light switches - i actually howl at the moon - but just the once every month!!! I'm sure i'm a little bit crazier around this time.... i get really aggressive when it's a BIG full moon
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 06:05 pm
I prefer my chickens with the feathers on them during the full moon
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How does the full moon affect you?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 09:49:15