How many do you have?

Greyfan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 04:34 pm
Good for you, gus.

My reason for being tattoo and pierce free has nothing to do with personal beauty. Sooner or later a trend comes along that puts you firmly in the camp of the old farts, where, when young, you vowed never to go. But here alas am I, clueless and uncool.

At least I cut my hair and threw away my leisure suits.

By the way, has tattoo technology improved? All the old tattoos I ever saw on members of the greatest generation are blurred, indistinguishable blotches.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 04:42 pm
We'd better be careful, Greyfan. The tattoo crowd might turn on us.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 04:45 pm
I hate it when people get a trendy tattoo. Like guys getting tribal bands on their arms, people getting Chinese letters on them, and now every chick has some tribal tattoo above her ass(even though that's kind of hot).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 04:48 pm
Yeah, the trendiness is a major part of my resistance.

Before I was in high school, I was too young. High school --> now, it's been too trendy, though I guess a trend of that duration spills into another category.

I like ehBeth's and littlek's, that they're individual and interesting. And not "individual" like tribal stuff.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:27 pm
I'm not against getting one, I just never thought of one I'd like for the duration.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:26 pm
2 tats and belly button pierced.

yippie.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:28 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I hate it when people get a trendy tattoo. Like guys getting tribal bands on their arms, people getting Chinese letters on them, and now every chick has some tribal tattoo above her ass(even though that's kind of hot).

Mines above my ass but it isn't tribal. It is Chinese but that looked better than spelling it out in english so it wasn't much of an alternative. Not to mention, I've had mine for quite a while and I don't really know when the trendy tat above the ass started.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:48 am
I'm kind of with soz...not much, but open to all possibilities. I have two piercings in each ear for now. That's plenty of piercing for me, but I love the idea of a tat or two.

Now my daughter....she also has both ears pierced twice, a bellybutton piercing and her tongue pierced. She has some really cool tattoos I think. All originals. She has two conjoined hearts on her lower back, one in the design of the American Flag and the other in the design of the Confederate Flag (this one, as she says, represents her rebellion years) I won't deny that! The second one she has is the exact replica of the bottle cap from a Budweiser bottle of beer. A beautifully scrolled letter B with a crown on top. This is on her upper back. (this represents many things to her.....she got it just after she turned 21, her grandfather, now deceased, worked for Anheuser Busch for about 35 years, the B is her first initial of her name and lastly, she is a self proclaimed little princess, hence the crown) And her last ones she just got the other night actually, are three little 1 inch or so barefoot prints running across each of the top of each of her feet. (this represents the fact that she is moving from California to Texas in less than a month and therefore taking her first baby steps out into the big old world all by herself.

I actually like her philosophy about them being reminders of times in her life rather than just being trendy. There is ONE tattoo that our entire family will be getting,.....it will simply be the word "Ohana" and we can all get it done in any format we want just so long as we do it. Loosely translated from Hawaiian, Ohana means "no one gets left behind"
0 Replies

rodbogey

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:19 am
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
Piercings - 4 in each ear and my belly button.

Tattoos - I have a butterfly where the sun don't shine. That's all I'm gonna say. :wink: .

Then I'd like to be the moon so I could stare at it for at least 8 to 10 hours a day. I'd definetily make it fly :wink:
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 12:45 am
Brooke,

Your rose drawing was very beautiful. I know your friend must have been very happy with the result in spite of the sorrow of the circumstances.

Do you also draw in full living color? And if so, might I commission you to draw me three full color iris's with stems and a couple of leaves one day?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 02:44 am
Tattoos - I have a butterfly where the sun don't shine.

On the bottom of a foot? Rolling Eyes :wink:
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 04:39 am
Three tattoos - leg, hip, back.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 07:15 pm
Reyn wrote:
Tattoos - I have a butterfly where the sun don't shine.

On the bottom of a foot? Rolling Eyes :wink:

Ummmm - yeah :wink: hee hee

Lady J - thank you so much for your kind words about my drawing. I have had people ask me to draw them things - and sometimes I do, but not alot. My biggest passion when I draw, is drawing people.

But I never really had any formal education in art. Other than some art courses in high school. And a course I took one semester in college.

My Mother is the true artist of the family. When I was growing up she would set up her easel and do paintings. She had a little easel for me - so I could create my own little drawings - right beside her, as she worked away on hers. I suppose this was done to keep me occupied while she painted. That's how I got started drawing things. I have kept doing it, because I have found it has a very calming effect - amost therapeutic in nature. Smile

As far as commissioning my "talent" out, I truely don't think I am that good. However - if you remind me when winter sets in again and I have more time for drawing - I would gladly try to do one for you - no charge of course.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 02:49 am
Brooke,

you are a born natural then or you learned from mom by osmosis! Either way, I think you do very beautiful work! And I would be very grateful to have you do try one for me next winter. I am definitely in no hurry and my appreication runs deep at your kind offer. Thank you! Smile
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 08:22 am
My pleasure, Lady J! And you are very welcome! Smile
0 Replies

Aphrodisia

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 12:33 am
I used to be really into piercings when I was younger cause they were fun and not permanent. Currently, I have 3 piercings in one ear, 4 in the other, one tragus, and my tongue, which I don't wear often.
I got a tattoo about a year ago across my upper ass. It's a pretty big tribal, with a kanji in the middle (that stands for "naughty"...which is what you get when you let your boyfriend pick it out). I'm getting one more in a couple weeks on my pubic bone, but it's a secret since my boyfriend is on this board and I don't want him knowing what it is! Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 03:28:54