Damn temperature!

caramel

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 06:48 am
What the hell is going on with the temperature. Here in the Great White North it's been very, very strange.

Almost all the month of February was spent in deep freezing temperature, last week-end we had our first snow storm (not very big around 8-9 inches - 20-22 cm), it was beginning melt with temperature being back to normal for this time of year. Saturday we had a beautiful spring like day with around 38-39F. (4C). Yesterday morning we had about 1 inch (2 cm) of slushing snow and with the wind picking up at night and temperature dropping very fast, well this morning it was -13F (-25C) and with the wind chill factor -40F (-40C). Everything is frozen which makes it difficult to walk on the sidewalks.

That was my rant for this morning.

Hope your morning is better than mine, and a Good Morning to you all!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 538 • Replies: 5
No top replies

brunt

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 02:29 am
Where's that ice-cube icon???
Ooops, wrong board Embarrassed

Looks like we are having spring here in England, it's raining, foggy, pretty windy (but it is always windy in Bristol) and about + 10 °C...

At least Sunday was wonderful, I've spend the whole afternoon in the city!
I've planned to make some photos with my new digital camera, but I didn't manage to read more than 10 pages of the 180 page manual Rolling Eyes

This morning I am a little tired - yesterday I've seen a threatre play - Shakespeare's "Troilus and Cressida", and I was home after midnight... But today will be a normal day for me - with a lot of work Sad
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 09:31 am
WOW!
+10C. That's summer over here! Laughing

Well to say that I'm sick of deep freezing temperature would be an understatement! There is no word to describe it. I'm longing for warmer temperature!

I've bought 'The Color Purple' on DVD and watched it (along with all the extras) last week-end. It was gorgeous. To think that it was nominated for 11 Oscar and didn't win ONE is simply appalling. Confused

My DVD collection is about 100 now. Maybe I will make a post and list them all.
0 Replies

brunt

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 03:59 pm
My DVD collection is still growing...
Today I got "Star Trek IV" as the new special edition, and two weeks ago I've bought "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World", "Sweet Smell Of Success" and "Paths Of Glory" in a DVD sale.

Now I am waiting for a reply of Fox about the "Sunrise" mail-oder. Since I order these DVD in the internet I don't have a good proof of purchase, I really hope that a copy of the emails will be enough. Then I just have to buy two more Studio Classics - "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and another one (I think this will be "How Green Was My Valley"). And then I will surely count the days until I will finally have the "Sunrise" DVD (but before I can watch it on TV during my holidays in Germany - I will program both my own VCR and the one of my parents...).

A T3W DVD thread is surely a good idea.

Especially in the winter, when you can watch a movie, sitting in the warm home...
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 05:29 pm
I will make a list
Of my DVD collection and start a new post about it.

Quote:
Now I am waiting for a reply of Fox about the "Sunrise" mail-oder. Since I order these DVD in the internet I don't have a good proof of purchase, I really hope that a copy of the emails will be enough.

I've bought my 3 copies (All About Eve, How Green Was My Valley, An Affair to Remember) from Amazon.Ca and there's always a receipt of purchase with my order, and that's the one I will sent for my copy of Sunrise. So there's none we you received yours?

I've sent all of it to my friend in Ontario, for my copy of Sunrise, so that it can be mailed and received in Ontario.

I will wait till the transfer to the new server is done to make my post about my DVD collection.

BTW - I've seen you do it, what do I have to do when I make a quote, for the word Quote doesn't appear?

Smile
0 Replies

brunt

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 05:50 pm
*caramel* wrote:
BTW - I've seen you do it, what do I have to do when I make a quote, for the word Quote doesn't appear?

Do you mean this way of quoting? Just add the username in quotation marks directly after the first quote:

[QUOTE="brunt"]

But according to the BBCode Help you will have either "quote" or "XYZ wrote" before the quote...

About "Sunrise" - I only get a paper with my adress and the name of teh movie, but it is neither the price nor the date of order mentioned. But this policy of my DVDs stores has the advantage that the customs can't complain. At least in Germany you always have to pay the custom fee if you get a parcel by amazon.com or amazon.ca...

In the worst case I will ask someone in America who can order three DVDs of the Fox series for me. This will be a large parcel with four DVDs, but "Sunrise" is it definitely worth. I've read some reviews about the DVD at the weekend, Fox made apparently a very good job!

I've seen the copy of the British Film Institute in the cinema last summer, it is apparently the only one with the complete score, and this copy was used for the restoration. As a bonus material you will get the surviving fragments of Murnau's "4 Devils" - which sounds very interesting!!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Damn temperature!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:01:54