I can't get rid of this habit, care to help?

paulaj

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:29 am
I not sure where to put this topic..General it is!

My habit is, I read from right to left, and sometimes from the bottom of a page to up.

And when reading a magazine, I start from the back. I don't do this on purpose, if I catch myself in time, I'll start over, but I don't always catch myself until I'm finished.

I don't always do this, but I catch myself more often than I like.

Does anyone know of others that have this habit. Any idea how to break it? I don't believe that I'm dyslexic (sp?) I don't stumble on the words as some dyslexics do, so I don't think it's that.

p.s. I find this embarassing to post.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,336 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Don1

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:03 am
Are you chinese Paula?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:02 am
I would personally bet that she's left handed. Eh?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:07 am
I tend to read magazines from the back as well... Especially Newsweek. The front always has umpteen million ads.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:08 am
Paula, is it causing you problems ? Other than worry?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:29 am
This doesnt sound like a bad habit?
It sounds like preferance..
and as drewdad said... it DOES prove to be helpful in some situations. I have done the same thing.
The front of magazines are just junk advertising. All the good stories are in the middle/back.
Starting at the front is sometimes boring.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:34 am
er, Paula, you are kidding, right? If you really do read from right to left, it's the same thing as mirror writing.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:35 am
I read magazines from back to front... I picked it up from my Grandma who does it also... The good stuff is always in the back anyways!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:26 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I would personally bet that she's left handed. Eh?

I'm not left handed, but if you looked at my writing, it looks like I'm a lefty, it's straight up and to the left.

I'm not kidding.

I'm not chinese.

It dosen't "worry" me, it just feels odd that I do that at times. I caught myself doing it this morning, a voice in my head said "can't you read from left to right like your supposed to?" Laughing

I taunt myself at times. I could probably get more reading done, if I wasn't like this, thats the only reason I would consider trying to change.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:28 am
Letty wrote:
er, Paula, you are kidding, right? If you really do read from right to left, it's the same thing as mirror writing.

So I have another useless talent Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:28 am
Just switch to arabic and everything will be fine.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:32 am
You're in good company; Da Vinci wrote that way to keep his papers secret.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:34 am
How's your comprehension? If you can understand the meaning of the article what difference does it make if you start at the bottom?

I do that sometimes myself, read the first paragraph -the lead-, then drop to the conclusion to see if they match or if anything else is implied. It saves me a lot of time.

?left to right from read really you do Or

That would be serious in some small way.

Nation(sideother the from)Joe
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:34 am
Or Hebrew.

Went to a concert recently where the music and words were written in opposite directions. Interesting trying to keep up with the score.

Quote:
17th-century Jewish composer Salamone Rossi. Confined to live in the Jewish ghetto yet revered by the Catholic ducal court in Mantua, Rossi was caught between two worlds.

I'd say you've got a talent, not a problem, Paula.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:35 am
I like to start in the middle of books. For some reason it makes me more interested to find out what happened before and after, whereas reading the introductory paragraphs rarely entices me.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:00 am
Joe wrote:

?left to right from read really you do Or

?tfel ot thgir morf daer yllaer ouy od rO <-----Now that is true backwards, me dear.

Why would that be serious.

p.s. comprehension is best when I skim, reading every word seems like a pain in the butt, waste of time.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:03 am
ehBeth wrote:
I'd say you've got a talent, not a problem, Paula.

I wouldn't call it a talent, or a problem, just different. I don't like feeling unique, I don't like that word at all. So when I catch myself doing that, it makes me feel seperated from normy people Laughing

Freduck wrote:
"I like to start in the middle of books. For some reason it makes me more interested to find out what happened before and after, whereas reading the introductory paragraphs rarely entices me."

Your cute Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:10 am
surlaw eht si jaluap
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:12 am
paulaj wrote:
I don't like feeling unique, I don't like that word at all. So when I catch myself doing that, it makes me feel seperated from normy people

being on A2K takes you out of normy right away
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:16 am
I am not, scissor. :-)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I can't get rid of this habit, care to help?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 08:14:44