Contract question

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2018 08:57 am
Good Morning
I was offered a job from a very reputable company, and it had a Patent Invention agreement. They changed contracts on me when three weeks into my start date ( details are irrelevant to my question at hand ). They also got my name wrong on everything, my paychecks, insurance, 401K,...I mean drastically wrong from Billy Bob to Yusof lets say. I did not cash any of the paychecks, and my total activity was a month and half. Is the contract valid? If they challenge me in a court to enforce the Patent, can I make the argument that a court enforceable contract has to have a valid name? Given that they prepared the form, aren't they responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the contract?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 270 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2018 10:38 am
@salmooni,
You're basically asking for free legal advice. We don't offer legal advice here (see our Terms of Service, on every single page footer on this site).

However, I would tell you to contact a lawyer admitted to practice employment law in your jurisdiction (because laws vary by countries, states, etc.) and ask him or her. Be prepared to pay something for the answer.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Contract question
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.46 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:48:57